Chapter 18: investigation part 1.

Olivia's Place:
Bailey's Point of View:

We waited patiently for Ace and Kai to arrive. The sky was spray painting itself with dark blue streaks and sprinkling its canvas with a touch of glittery stars.

The door bell chimed and Olivia attended to it. It was Ace and Kai who somehow arrived simultaneously.

"Hey guys!" Olivia politely greeted.

I walked towards Ace and gave him a hug while standing on the tips of my toes like a ballerina - my belly was definitely in the way.

"Hey everyone!" Kai responded.

Olivia welcomed them in and we all gathered by the living area, sitting on the couch. It was awkwardly silent until Cole broke the ice.

"Firstly, do others know you are here?" He enquired.

"No C." Kai responded, shaking his head.

"No." Ace said bluntly.

"Okay, well let's begin. There's something we need to talk about and dig into. This is highly confidential between us 5. Are we all crystal clear?" Cole looked around making sure everyone nodded in agreement.

He cleared his throat. "Long story short, Bailey's (ex) husband has reappeared again. He is not only harassing and threatening her, but oddly me too. We encountered him at the hospital parking this afternoon and for some unearthly reason, he addressed me as brother."

"Wait what?" Ace cut in.

"Yes Alex. He called me brother." Cole reconfirmed.

"Woah wait... I also got a text message on my way here that said something like hey brother. It was from a hidden number so I didn't think it was relevant to anything." Ace then fiddled for his phone and began searching for the message to show us.

"Look guys." He said while pushing his phone into our faces.

"That is so strange. Do you think the text message and Ethan could be related?" I brainstormed.

"I have my laptop here. Alex, you could use one of our programs to hack into the message and trace the number, can't you?" Cole looked at Alex with great expectations.

"Uhm, no Cole. I can program softwares and create new ones, but I didn't major in hacking them." Alex's cheeks grew red, he looked embarrassed and helpless.

But hey, I could do that! I used to do shit like this at home in my free time. "Guys I think I can help. Just pass me the laptop and give me a few moments." I suggested. I was confident enough to do this - this was my mastery.

I connected Ace's phone to the laptop and ran the program. I commanded the program to scan through the message so we can track the exact IP address of where the message could've been sent from. It didn't go as smoothly so I decided to download another software to assist me.

"Bingo! Guys, this message was sent from these coordinates. Now all we need to do is open the map and pin point exactly where those coordinates are." I felt like a genius! It has always been my passion to solve people's technical complications.

I opened the map and typed in the exact coordinates. It immediately zoomed into Vice City and onto a store which appeared to be some kind of a bar. I clicked onto the bar and the name appeared as Vice Gin Sports Club.

"It was sent from this bar guys." I placed my finger onto the screen.

"Bailey, that doesn't answer who sent it." Olivia looked puzzled.

"Well I didn't say I was done. So now the message was received at 17:56 this afternoon. All we have to do now is to hack into the cameras of the bar and see if Ethan was there at that time. Maybe the camera could have even caught him sending the message." I was so excited. This was my muse.