Chapter 11: the confession.

Bailey's Point of View:

"Ace. Your brother is in hospital." No expression can describe my guilt at this moment. I'm guilty because I blamed Cole for nothing. I'm such a bad person.

Ace immediately got off the bench and said, "We need to go. Meet me by the staff entrance in 10 minutes. We can't be seen together. Don't tell anyone, not even Olivia." And Ace stormed out the Sauna.

I walked with caution to the guest bathroom. My dress was damp, my hair was wet and my makeup had smudged like a watercolour painting. The mirror laughed at me. I needed to fix myself so I didn't look like I had just done what I did - it was despicable, it was sinful, but it was sensational. I took another route to get to the staff entrance at the back. There shouldn't be anyone around at this hour, everyone should be getting their heads lit at the lounge and kissing their way up with the master. Or if you're one of the girls, hoeing for a chance with one of the higher ranked guys. I paced my footsteps but made sure I elevated no sound. I could finally see the door until a stern voice from behind stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going young lady?" My feet stopped and so did my heart.

"I'm... I'm going home." I stuttered. The man didn't sound convinced.

"Home? Who authorised you? You are supposed to be at the lounge. Are you hiding something in your bag? Let me see!" And his torch created a bigger shadow of my body on the ground as he was getting closer. Fuck. I need to go. Ace is probably waiting for me already. How do I explain myself. I'm so inexperienced to all of this, I don't know how to talk my way out.

"Sorry sir, I'm really in a hurry. Please will you let me go?" I begged politely.

"No, not so easy." He said while his dark eyes pierced my soul dead. He interrogated his white torch into my face and his eyes moved down my vulnerable body.

"I'm going to search you." The guy threatened me. He lifted his hand and harassed my waist, beginning to feel me up.

"Let her go, Max." Ace demanded from behind.

Thank god. I wasn't prepared for that. For security purposes, it would've been appropriate, but definitely not for my dignity. You'd think I'm a hypocrite after what had happened back up there.

"She's my new PA. I am yet to inform my father and the rest. Don't say a word or I will make sure you don't see the break of day tomorrow." Ace was super intimidating. I have never seen him act in higher powers before. Something about that made me feel protected, it made me feel safe.

We got to his ride and took off for the hospital. I had way too much on my mind. My miscellaneous emotions took over my body.

"I'm sorry." I gasped. "I shouldn't have done what I did Ace. I know full well you're engaged and it was my fault for tempting you like that."

Ace didn't react to what I said, almost like he didn't hear me. He just focused on driving.

"Ace?" But no response. I decided to text Cole and tell him I'm on the way.

We finally got to the hospital. As I was getting out of the car, Ace grabbed my arm and said "It was me."

——————————————————————
Cole's Point of View:

My phone buzzed.

Hey Cole. I'm on my way. What happened? I'm worried about you.

It was Bailey. I'm glad she's on the way, I thought I wouldn't see her again. I didn't think I'd tell her but it's selfish of me to just block her out of my life and keep her worried. I've been here for two days and no one knows. Bailey would be the first one. I told my father and the boys I would visit the guys down in Venus when I was first admitted into ICU.

Two days ago, I blacked out. I was on the way to the harbour and my eyes suddenly saw black dots floating in the sky. I knew I needed to be rushed to the hospital, I knew what was coming. My chest was pierced with a sharp pain, almost like a blunt dagger had just been forcefully stabbed through my heart. I emergency dialled the ambulance with my watch. It's crazy how my watch can sense my unusual heart rate and suggest SOS numbers for me to dial immediately. Technology is amazing, but scary. On my way to the hospital, I was reflecting my life. Normally when this happens, I'd just close my eyes and let fate play its role. But this time? I shut my eyelids and Bailey popped right into my mind. Moments spent with her played in my head like a slideshow. At that moment, I knew I wanted to be with her. I'm going to tell her tonight how I feel about her - I'm not going to let those thoughts of my death stop me. My father can suck a dick. I believe that we can work this out, if she allows me. I was anticipated to see her. To express my romantic interest for her. I can protect her, I can provide for her and promise her a life she deserves. Even though I have only known her for two weeks, we have been through so much together already. We both deserve this.

I grew impatient very quickly. I kept creating scenes in my head about what I would say to her when she walked through that door. Would I jump up to hug her? Would she run up to me and hug me? God, I wonder what it feels like to have tiny Bailey in my arms.

*knock knock*

She's here! I cleared my throat, "Ahem, come in please." And there she was, walking in with her cute black dress. I was so happy to see her.

I got up from my bed, ready to give her a hug but my moment of anticipation was quickly killed by the sight of my brother walking in behind her. Why are they together? Isn't he supposed to be back at the spa with the rest? My heart sank like the titanic.

"C! How are you feeling? What happened? We were so worried about you!" Bailey ran and hugged me - just like how I pictured it, except I wasn't as happy as I thought I'd be to have her in my arms.

"Hey Cole, did something happen to you on your trip to Venus? What did the doctor say?" My brother asked. They stood next to one another and looked great as a pair.

"I was on the way to the ha -" I paused. I'm not going to tell them what happened. They seem happy together - there's no point in telling her anymore. If I die next time, then so be it.

"I was on the way to Venus and my sugar levels were too low. So I guess I just felt lightheaded and came here." I lied. "How come you guys came together?" That was the burning question I needed to know the answer to.

"Well, Cole. You know me full well. A girl like Kelly would never catch my attention. We both know that I was forced into that relationship. But Bailey came into my life and I feel change. I want change. From the day I met Bailey, I fell for her. And when I saw her again tonight, I knew I needed to be with her." Alex confessed and gently held Bailey's hand. Bailey looked confused, like it was also her first time hearing what he just said. But that confusion changed to a smile and she held his hand back too.

I was going to confess - but just like before with Lila, I was one step behind.

___________________________
Ya'll were Ace + Bailey stans - is this what you wanted?

Jess x