Chapter 8: Ace baby.

Ace's (Alex) Point of View:

I shouldn't have been born into this family. I wish I had a normal life. A life with normal parents. A life with normal expectations. Like go study, get a degree, get a job, be successful, have kids. Whoever said normal is boring must come live a day in my heavy shoes. You'll run back to your normal life in less than an hour. Be grateful for what you have.

The talk my father had with Cole ironically made me the sad, disappointed one. I caught the same chest pains as I did when Lila left me. Why was I feeling this way? Who is Bailey to me anyway? From the moment I met her, she gave off the same aura as Lila did when I met her on campus. My little Lila was the queen of my world. She was everything I could ever wish for in a woman, maybe because she heavily resembled my mother. I studied to escape doing duties for my father. I wanted him to see I didn't fit into his barbaric culture. I was once determined to change his perspective on things until Lila involuntarily abandoned me. From that day, I stopped caring. I switched off my humanity. And later on, Kelly was dictated into my life. But when Bailey made an appearance that night, I started feeling human again. It was just this ... connection I felt. And the next day confirmed it. She's special. Little does she know, I majored in computer programming too.

When Cole alerted me about her situation, I lost hope for this cruel world. No one can win in this universe. Everyone is set up for a challenge that will inevitably lead to failure. Maybe somewhere out of this sinister city, happiness will bloom. But how could I ever escape being born the eldest son of Black Tiger?

I was lying on my bed reflecting my meeting with Bailey when suddenly, Kelly walked in with her pink kimono.

"Hey love. I need you." she said seductively. I wasn't in the mood for her slutty games. She slid off her kimono revealing her almost naked body and sat on top of my unhardened crotch. She began to rotate her hips, thrusting her pelvis into mine.

"Ace baby, what's the matter? I want you to fuck me." she said seductively again.

"Get off me please. I'm not in the mood." And I placed my hands on her waist and lifted her off of me.

"What the fuck is your issue? You are never in the mood for me. It has been a week since you have touched me. Are you seeing someone???" she snapped.

Seeing someone? Yes love, I see someone I want but I'm not actually seeing her.

"No. And stop your shit. I'm sleeping. Goodnight." I responded with frustration. And for the rest of the damn night, Kelly was sulking - crying for attention. This is exactly the time when AirPods came in handy.

Insomnia bit my ass. My playlist has repeated itself twice already and I'm sure The Weeknd was tired of singing for me at this late hour. I wonder how Bailey is doing. Cole is one lucky asshole, he gets to check up on her whenever he wants - but I have my Kelly baggage on my back. It's weird we share the same crush. The only difference is, I will never be able to be with Bailey and I know it. I have to please my father and slave myself to keeping the tradition. Cole is a better companion for her. The only hiccup is my father.

______________________________
Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Jess.