Sweater Weather

JUGHEAD POV

The next day, I was on FaceTime with Betty. She was hanging out with Stella and Veronica. They were having a sleepover and I was momentarily invited. I laid my bed and held the laptop over my face.

"That all happened while I was staying there? How come I never heard of this Will Newman guy?" I asked.

"I don't know. You're not exactly the smartest guy." Stella mumbled. Betty gave a small laugh and then looked at me.

"How are things in Seattle? Is everything ok?" Betty asked.

"It's splendid. They're coming out with another drug trial. I also appreciate the Dibbisons Foundation raising money for a transplant for Annie, Leah, and Sam."

"Anything to help. How is everyone?"

"Annie and Leah aren't on speaking terms. They had a huge fight and I feel bad for them. Sam has a collapsed lung and has severe lung damaged. Austin has been so sad lately. He refuses to come out of his room and will hardly answer all of our calls. Kara's death really threw him off. Peter still doesn't come out of his room. Everything has been moving slow here. I can't believe that I've been here for about 4-months. I have to go do my afflovest. I'll talk to you tomorrow. I love you, Betts." I said.

"I love you, too." She smiled.

"Bye!" Stella and Veronica exclaimed jumping in front of the camera. I gave a chuckle and then hung up. I closed my laptop and set it on my nightstand. I laid back down and I stared at my ceiling. Since when did life get so hard?

"Jughead! Jughead, let me in! I need to talk to you! Jughead!" I heard outside my door. I sprung up from my bed and I groaned. I was so worn out and tired. I wanted to go to sleep but it seems that someone really wants to talk to me. I open the door and Daniel is standing there in a hazmat suit.

"Hey, man...what's going on?" I asked him.

"There's a leader of the Dibbisons Department. He says to call him Honey. Anyways, Honey is in the lobby and he's freaking crazy. Come here!" Daniel nodded. He ran off and I went after him. I ran down the hall and into the lobby. I saw other kids in the area, even Peter. Leah wasn't there. That means she's being forced to sleep. Which means that she has surgery tomorrow.

"Hello, other patients. My name is Honey. There's going to be some changes around here. You all must be 8-feet apart at all times! Even when you're in hazmat suits. There shall be no dating each other. You're focus should be getting better not each other's butt sizes. Last but not least, no going outside the Dibbisons Department. If I find out you all have left, I will send you home." Honey sassed. Peter got closer and Honey seemed threatened.

"I'm not gonna be bossed around by you. You see, we all may seem like sick and crying kids. But there's so much more to us that people like you will never understand. I used to be in the USA Army. Then I got sick and I'm living this life. I have a daughter and girlfriend that I'm not allowed to see. All these people have people they wanna go home to. You make think you're in charge, but the patients run this hospital." Peter nodded. Honey scoffed and shook his head.

"Watch your back, Peter. I wouldn't want something happening to you while your sleeping." Honey shrugged. Peter looked at us and then back at Honey. Peter walked away from the group and there was a moment of silence. "Go back to your rooms! Now!" Honey screamed. We all scurried back to our rooms. Honey wasn't leaving anytime soon.