Cardiac Arrest

JUGHEAD POV

The next day, I planned at sneaking down to the Intensive Care Unit. That's where Annie is. I made sure to be prepared. I'm wearing two layers of masks and a pair of gloves. I make sure to wear a sweater, jeans, a sweatshirt, and shoes. I put the hood of the sweatshirt over my head and tightened it so my face was mostly covered. The oxygen was in the backpack on my back and I was all set. I ran all the way to the elevator as fast as I could. I clicked the button to the 2nd for as fast as I could. When the elevator doors closed, I panted and tried to catch my breath. Too much physical work.

The elevator doors opened and I walked into the hall. There were double-glass doors in front of me that had the sign "Intensive Care Unit, please be silent coming in." So I opened the doors and I walked down the hall and peeked into the rooms to see if Annie was in any of them. I had to take another turn...but there were nurses. I turned back around and saw more nurses.

"Maybe if I hang my head low, they won't notice me." I thought to myself. I walked with my head down and it worked. No nurses or doctors in sight. I hurried up and check the window to the next room. I found her.

I went into the room and quietly closed the door behind me. Her hair was messy and a Ventilator was keeping her alive right now. An IV was in her arm and the clip was on her finger. I sat down in the chair next the bed and I just sat silently for a little bit.

"I have no clue what to say to you. I'm sorry for everything. I really hope you wake up soon because I really need to talk to you. Things have been so confusing lately. I have feelings for you and my first love. You see-"

"What are you doing in here?!" Nurse Sierra said in shock as she walked in the room. I got up and moved away from the bed.

"I needed to see her. I wanted to make sure she was ok."

"Ok, Jughead. You need to go back to your room before you're caught. Now!"

"Jeez, calm down." I scoffed. I left the room and walked down the hall. A group of doctors were standing in front of the elevators. I had no choice but to take the stairs. I hustled up the stairs and I could feel my lungs gradually grow heavier and heavier. When I finally reached the upstairs, I panted and sighed in relief. I snuck back into the Dibbisons section and ran back to my room. I pulled out my suitcase and started packing my stuff. I think it's time to go home.