Some Catching Up Do

JUGHEAD POV

"Betty?" I said in shock. She giggled and got a little closer to me. We were about 5-feet away from each other. She's so beautiful. "It has been awhile, hasn't it?"

"It's been 13-days. You've been here for awhile. How's it been?" She asked.

"Follow me. Let's go somewhere we can talk." I said. She followed me all the way to the cafeteria and we got sodas. I sat down at one table and she sat at a different table across from me. We sat there in silence. I guess we really didn't have anything to say to each other.

"How's your Dad?" I asked.

"He's just doing what he always does. Goes to the hospital and treats his patients. Have you made any friends here? Enemies?" Betty asked and then took a sip of her soda.

"My friends here are Leah and Kara...also Annie. Betts, I've missed you so freaking much." I said and reached for her hand. My gloved hand interlocked with hers and she smiled.

"I promise that we're forever." Betty whispered. I looked up at her and smiled. I kissed my gloved hand that was interlocked with hers. She had tears run down her face and she let go of my hand and stood up.

"Is something wrong?" I asked and stood up too.

"Why didn't you answer my texts?! Why didn't you answer my phone calls?! Why didn't you tell me goodbye?!" She cried out loud.

"My parents wouldn't let me say goodbye to you so I had to write you the letter. I was just trying to protect you from me. It's not safe for you to even be here."

"Juggie, why are you trying to protect me?"

"Because I love you. I love you more than anything and anyone on this Earth. But...it's because I love you, I can't keep you. I don't deserve you and you don't deserve the pain of being with me."

"Please, don't do this." Betty sobbed and shook her head.

"I love you so much...but I'm letting you go. Go be with a man who will give you everything you're looking for. I love you." I sighed. Betty nodded and took my hand.

"I love you, Jughead. Goodbye." She said and let go of my hand. She walked out of the cafeteria. I sat down in one of the chairs and started crying. It was pathetic of me for sure, but this was the ultimate heartbreak. Betty was going to have someone better and I was just going to live out my life the best I could. I have friends here and medication. What can get better than this?