My Angel

JUGHEAD POV

I woke up in the middle of the night. I was really thirsty. I got out of bed and took off my oxygen tube. I went to the bathroom and I got one of the bathroom cups and filled it up with water. I took a sip of water and sighed. I took another sip and I finished the water. I threw the cup away and I began to walk back to my bed. But I heard singing from outside my door. I opened the door to my room. I walked down the hall and to the lobby.

Annie was sitting in the dark lobby and sitting on the couch. She was reading a book and had her earbuds in. She was in pajamas and had her hair down.

"So I lay my head back down; and I lift my hands and pray; to be only yours, I pray; To be only yours; I know now, you're my only hope. I'm give my destiny; I'm giving you all of me; I want your symphony, singing in all that I am; at the top of my lungs, I'm giving in back;" Annie sang. She was really good.

"Hey, Annie!" I yelled. She looked up and gasped. She took out her earbuds and groaned.

"How much of that did you hear?" Annie scoffed.

"Enough to know that you're a really good singer. I like that song too. You didn't tell me you were good at singing." I said and sat down on the couch across from the couch.

"I used to be in choir before everything. I was the singer of the family. But, that ended quickly. Didn't you say you liked to write? I would really like to read your stuff."

"It's kind of embarrassing. I don't think I'm a good writer. I write short stories or journal entries. I feel so alone at times and Betty was my only light. It feels so cold sometimes...except when I'm with you. You make me really happy, Annie." I smiled. Annie sighed and pulled a glove out of her bag. She put it on and then grabbed my hand.

"I'll be your safe place and I'll be yours. You're my angel, Jughead Jones. 'I know now, you're my only hope.'" Annie said and sang the last phrase. I smiled and looked at her. We exchanged looks and and sighed.

"I should probably go back to my room. I'm tired." I whispered.

"Ok. I'll see you tomorrow." Annie whispered. I let go of her hand and walked back to my room. I closed the door to my room and sighed. I walked to my bed and laid down. I imagined everyone being cured of contagiousness. Annie and I could be together. But then Betty came into the image. How would I tell Annie the same thing I already told another girl?