Risky Business

JUGHEAD POV

For the past week, I stayed in my room. I didn't really wanna leave. Annie and I weren't talking and everyone was so busy doing their treatments. I did online school in the mean time and I was reading a lot of books. That's when I decided to write a memoir. I was writing about my life starting from the beginning of time. I was sitting at me desk just typing the memoir.

"Jughead?" Someone said behind me. I turned around and saw Nurse Sierra with an IV bag. I stood up and put a mask on.

"We called your parents. They said to do the drug trial with you."

"No! It could damage my heart more-"

"You're 17-years old, Jughead. You're not allowed to make decisions like the drug trial until you're 18 in October. You start today and I'm just getting you set up." She said. I sighed and sat on my bed. She put her mask on and gloves and walked over to me. She hung up the IV bag and injected the IV into me. She walked out of the room and shut the door behind her. She was definitely trying to get out of there quickly.

Incoming FactTime Call: Annie💘

"Hey handsome. Is that an IV tube, I see?" Annie questioned. Her brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail and I saw an IV tube in the corner of the screen.

"Yeah, my parents are forcing to do the drug trial. I'm still recovering from the last one and not to mention, I'm still in a lot of pain from it. But enough about me. I want to know about you? What's going on in your life?"

"My parents are coming up in about a week. I'm getting over a little sore throat and fever and I've just been reading a lot. Leah isn't doing too good, Jug...she's developed Cirrhosis in her liver. It's eating away at it and is in major need of a liver transplant. At this rate, she'll be gone in the next few months-" Annie said bursting into tears.

"Annie, Leah is a survivor. She'll be ok and I'm sure a transplant will be found for her soon. Did you talk to anyone else?" I asked.

"I talked to Peter. He's been through a lot and I understand why he's so reserved. He's an upset 19-year old man. He has a daughter who is 2 and he's not allowed to see her. He had to quit the military and he can't work. His parents are paying his hospital bills and it's really hard. Try and go easy on him. We should hangout more... and I also found out about Betty coming here. I saw her and she's really pretty. You're a lucky guy." Annie weakly smiled. I shook my head and shrugged.

"We broke up. Betty deserves better and we can't do a long distance relationship. But it's ok. For the first time in my life, I have real friends!" I exclaimed. Annie nodded and then sighed. We smiled at each other.

"I need to get back to doing my treatments. I'll talk to you later." Annie smiled and waved goodbye. She hung up the phone and I smiled. I was going to make her mine soon.