Why Are You Here?

JUGHEAD POV

"Cheryl...why are you here?! We haven't talked in months." I crossed my arms. She sat down on the chair in my room and I sat on my bed.

"It's Betty."

"Is she ok?" I asked.

"What do you think, hobo? She set up the foundation for you. She doesn't leave the house. She cries herself to sleep every night. She's seeing a therapist, for Pete's sake!" Cheryl sassed. I groaned and pursed my lips.

"What am I supposed to do, Cheryl? Pack up my stuff and go home?" I said in an aggravated tone. I tossed her a mask and gloves and she only put the gloves on.

"No. Just give her a call and tell her it's over. Tell her to move on so she can get over your stupid head. It'll make you and her feel better. She didn't even go to visit Stella after her double lung transplant because it was at the same hospital! You ruined her life. So get over yourself...and call her!" Cheryl yelled. She stood up and grabbed her purse.

"Fix this, Jones. Or I will take care of it myself." Cheryl said and walked out of my room and slammed the door behind her. I sighed and looked at my phone. I picked it up and unblocked Betty's number. I pressed call and waited for her to answer.

"Juggie? Is the you?" I heard her say. I sighed and had a hard time responding.

"Yeah, Betts. It's me."

"How are you?! Why haven't you texted or called me?!"

"Betty...Cheryl is in Seattle. I know what life has been like for you in Riverdale."

"Jug, come home. We can be together." Betty lightly laughed.

"Look, I don't want you anymore. I want you to forget about me. I need you to stop loving me. Move on with your life because I'm not getting any healthier and I'm going to die. Please, don't call or text ever again." I said and hung up quickly. I inhaled deeply and laid down on my bed. It was safer this way and she was safe now. She would be able to move on with her life and find herself. Maybe now was a good time that I could find myself too.