Zayn: birthday party

Personal #Imagines (Zayn Malik) dedicated to @abidaloves_1D

It's your birthday today. Your family is taking you out to eat. Your long term boyfriend, Zayn Malik, promised he would do what he could to tell you happy birthday. Sadly, he's away on tour.

Ever since the X-Factor, you don't see Zayn much. Usually when you do, management is blowing up his phone. You're good friends with the boys but you rarely see them.

On your way to the resturant, you got a text from each of the boys.

Harry: happy birthday hun! xx

Niall: another year older! happy bday, save me some cake!

Liam: happy birthday! hope all your birthday wishes come true! x

Louis: ABIDA YOU ARE OLD! happy birthday!

Zayn: happy birthday beautiful, wish I could be there! xxx

You sighed. You missed them so much, especially Zayn. As your dad pulled into the parking lot, you noticed a banner hanging across the door.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABIDA!"

"Did you guys do this?" You smiled. Your parents nodded. "Thank you, so much." It was the best gift so far.

You took your seats. An appetizer and a dinner later, your parents were talking to a waitor. He smiled and turned to you. "Happy birthday, hun."

"Thank you." You smiled. "Wait, you told him?"

"Yep!" Your mom piped.

"YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!" The waitor announced.

"EVERYONE! ITS ABIDA'S BIRTHDAY!"

Just then, 2 waitresses wheeled out a cake. It was maganificent. Candles were scattered everywhere. After the resturant sang happy birthday, you blew the candles out. That's when you noticed the writing.

"Turn around"

You turned and there stood Harry, Louis, Niall, Liam, and Zayn. Niall pulled out a guitar and they started singing the acoustic version of the chorus of What Makes You Beautiful.

Zayn walked forward and smiled. Instead of Harry singing the last line, Zayn rang it out. You jumped up and hugged him. He kissed the top of your head.

He looked amazing. You missed his brown eyes and long lashes. His full lips that could kiss you all night. His impossibly tall quiff.

"I missed you Zayn." You hugged him tighter.

"Well, I'm here now." He chuckled.

There, he pulled out a silver box. Inside, was a promise ring. It was gold with a saphire in the middle. You pulled it out and saw that engraved on the inside was "I promise."

"Abida, promise me that no matter how long I'm away or how many horrible things the press says, we'll always be true to eachother. I promise it, will you?" Zayn said with hope in his voice. On his finger, was a similar ring, thicker and without a saphire. It said "I promise" on the outside.

You smiled and leaned in so you was a single inch away from Zayn's lips.

"I promise." You smiled and sealed it with a kiss.