THIRTY ONE

Dedicated to all the silent readers who never comment (note the sarcasm).😶

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The meeting was over and it went well. It was hard to crack but Mustafa's impressive presentation and brilliant businessman skills did it. He was happy that he was able to bag the deal and his Abba will be happy and relieved that the deal is successful and now finally he would be able to go home where his  wife and kids were waiting for him.

He was too excited to have their kids in his arms. The miniatures of him and his Maria. Their little bundles of happiness.
He was sure that one of his kids would be a girl. He wanted a miniature of his wife whom he'll love endlessly and spoil her. And he was sure his little girl will have all his heart with her one look.

Right now he was off to airport as he pre booked his tickets to reach Delhi as soon as possible.

Only wait of two hours and he'll be there with her. He was so sure that she'll be surprised to see him.

After landing in Delhi the first thing he saw was twenty missed calls for Osama making him scared, his heart started beating loudly feeling something bad has occurred. Quickly dialling his number he waited for him to pick up the call.

"B-bhaai...."

Osama's voice was full of anguish and despair, making his heart thump loudly against his chest.

"Osama kya hua ? Sab theek to hai ?"

(What happened ? Is everything okay ?)

He was sounding scared and Mustafa was able to feel his trembling voice but he still hoped everything to be okay.

"Bh-bhaai..."

Osama was calling his name but wasn't  able to form words feeling scared of his brother's reaction. His voice full of pain and tension.

"Osama bache batao to Kya hua hai... Mujhe ab tension ho rahi... Please tell me everything is fine."

(Tell me what happened.. I am getting tensed now...)

"I can't baba...You talk with him."

He heard shuffling on the line and then he heard his father's voice which was full of helplessness and worry.

"Mustafa, Maria.... She slipped from the stairs and is admitted to hospital. Please come fast my son. She needs you. We need you."

As soon as those words left from his mouth he felt like he was punched on his heart. He was unable to believe his father. For the first time in his life he wanted his father's words to be a big lie but he somewhere in his heart he knew it was true. His father would never lie about something like that.

No.... It can't happen...

No... It's not possible...

Everything was fine few hours ago.

She was fine. Their kids were fine and now they were saying that she slipped from the stairs.

"Mustafa, are you there my son ?"

"I am coming."

Those words  immediately left from his mouth and without wasting another second he quickly hailed a cab for the hospital.

His mind was totally numb right and he was unable to think straight, not knowing what to do. His father's words were ringing in his ears making his heart thud loudly in fear and tears automatically trailed down his cheeks in fear.

She slipped from stairs.

She needs you.

She is in hospital.