TWENTY SEVEN

THIRD PERSON'S POV

With each passing second her breaths were getting laboured, she was shaking in fear, tears uncontrollably leaking out of her eyes. Mustering all her strength she again tried pushing the man who was holding her captive but her it was futile. The man she was fighting was very strong, he was strongly holding her, his arm was pressing against her stomach, whereas his other hand was concealing her mouth from shouting.

"I am going to remove my hand but I don't want you to shout."

The captivator spoke making her cry more. She was crying tears of happiness.
Her captivator was none other than her husband, Mustafa.  Slowly, he removed his hand, but got shocked with her reaction. She was hugging him like her life depends on it. Few minutes ago she was angry at him and now she was hugging him with all her might, making him confuse on her behavior. Maybe she is afraid of dark. He thought and hugged her back to provide her comfort.

"Mus-mustafa... Mujhe bacha liye... Mujhe bahut dar lag raha hai... Wo mujhe le jaega.."

(Mus-mustafa... Save me... I am so scared.... He'll take me...)

She was crying continuously, shaking with fear, making him worried. He was clueless of whom she was talking about.

"Shhhh... Meri jaan, rona band kariye aur mujhe bataiye aapko kya pareshaani hai."

(Shhhh... Meri jaan, stop crying and tell me what's bothering you.)

He said creating distance between them while his hands were cupping her face, wiping her tears.

Unable to hold herself anymore she slumped down on the floor with a thud, her hands holding herself in a tight embrace. He too sat beside her and waited for her to speak.

"Pehle aap mujhse wada kariye ke aap mujhse nafrat nahi karenge... Main mar jaungi. Main aapko khona nahi chahti."

(Promise me that you'll not hate me... I'll die. I don't want to loose you.)

She told him making him more worried with her words. He was easily able to trace her tear strained face in the moonlight. At the same time lights flickered and the electricity was back.

"Main aapse kabhi bhi nafrat nahi kar sakti, meri jaan. Mujhe bataiye kya hua hai, mujhe aapki fikar ho rahi hai."

(I can never hate you, my love. Please tell me what's wrong, I am worried about you.)

He held her in his arms, his hands rubbing circles on her back to calm her down. Gathering up all her courage she told him everything and showed him the messages she was receiving from past few weeks.

" Itni badi baat mujhse kyu chupaayi ? Kya aapko mujhpe yakeen nahi hai ?"

(Why did you hide something that big from me ? Don't you trust me ?)

He was sad that she never told him about the stalker. She was suffering in misery from last few weeks and he was unaware about it. He was sad that she doesn't trust him enough to share her worries with him.

"Mujhe aap par pure dil se yakeen hai, Mustafa. Main  bas aapko pareshan nahi karna chahti thi isiliye maine ye baat aapse chupayi."

(I trust you wholeheartedly, Mir. But I didn't wanted to trouble you that's why I concealed the truth from you.)

She tightly held his hand in her's afraid that he will let her go. She let him down and the thought of him in pain because of her was killing her from inside.

"Mujhe pareshaan na karne ke chakkar mein agar aapko wo le jata to aap kya karti ? Main aapke Bina mar jata. Mujhe aapse is tarah ki bewakoofi ki umeed bilkul bhi nahi thi."