SEVEN

Na Wo Aks Meri Ghazal Mein Hai
Na Khayal Mein Na Jamal Mein,

Usay Kis Tarah Se Dikhaye
Ke Woh Rooh Mein Hai Basa Hua...

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Maria woke up early and after offering her fajr prayer she decided to go towards the garden area and sit inside the gazebo.

"Salam Rifat bibi."

Waving towards Rifat bibi she greeted her with a pleasant smile on a pleasant day.

"Salam. Are aapke ye chot kaise lagi ?"

Rifat bibi's smile quickly turned into a frown seeing Maria's wirst covered with a small bandage.

"Kuch nahi bas thoda sa jal gaya tha kal raat ko but it's okay now."

She smiled assuring her it was nothing big just a small burn.

"Can you please send some tea for me in the garden area ?"

"Of course beti. I'll send Rafia in few minutes."

After few minutes Rafia came with her tea and was about to leave when Maria stopped her.

"Please stay for sometime Rafia."

"But I have work..."

Not meeting her eyes Rafia replied to which Maria rolled her eyes and glared at her.

"So, you don't have time for your friend."

"It's not like...."

Rafia tried pulling up an excuse to which Maria cutt her off and held her hand making her sit beside her.

"No one will scold you. I'll tell Rifat bibi that I held you captive."

She joked which made Rafia losen up too and soon they both started chatting. They talked about their future plans to which Rafia confessed that she is going to get married soon.

"That's such a great news Rafi. I am so happy for you."

Maria smiled, congratulating her. She was so happy for her friend that she took off her her gold earrings gifting them to Rafia as a present from her side.

"You don't have to give them to me ma'am. Your grandmother is already doing so much on my marriage. Please take them back."

Rafia pleaded, returning back her the pair of earrings she just got gifted with.

"How many times I have told you that I am your friend. You don't have to call me ma'am. I don't like it. And if you don't accept my present then I'll break my friendship with you."

Maria blackmailed Rafia knowing now she'll not return them back as she was her only friend and much to her liking Rafia sighed helplessly indicating that she accepted her gift.

"Shukriya."

Mustafa who just returned home after jogging saw the whole exchange, his respect for Maria increasing more than it already was.

"Salam Mustafa bhaai."

"Salam Rafia. How are you ?"

"I am good bhaai."

They both saw him but only Rafia greeted engaging in a small talk with him. Maria ignored him remembering the events of previous day and turned her face towards the rose plant, opposite of where he was standing. He left from there dejectedly seeing her cold behavior.