TWENTY FIVE

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Mustafa wasn't able to sleep after fajr. He was tensed about his wife who was looking weak and pale from past few days. He turned towards her looking at her face which was serene, devoid of any worry. Slowly bringing his hands towards her face he started tracing small circles over her soft cheeks with his fingers, much to his surprise she smiled lightly still asleep sensing his touch, making him smile too.

He got up to get ready for the meeting after carefully detaching himself from her, tugging her inside the blanket making sure she is warm enough, not wanting her to get sick with the cold temperature of London.

After a long relaxing shower he came out finding his wife sprawled on the bed, frown adorning her beautiful face due to sunlight, before he could draw curtains, she opened her eyes slowly getting up, resting her back on the headrest , rubbing her eyes like an innocent child wanting to have a clear vision of him.

"Neend ache se aa gayi thi raat ko ?"

(Were you able to sleep well ?)

He went towards her and sat beside her, caressing her hair lovingly.

"Ji."

(Yes.)

She smiled nodding at him, leaning onto his touch.

"Aap kahi jaa rahe hai ?"

(Are you going somewhere ?)

She frowned looking at him dressed up in formals.

"Haan, conference attend karni hai. Phir ek client ke saath meeting hai. Aane mein thodi der ho jaegi."

(Yes, I have to attend conference and then I have meeting with a client. I'll be late.)

Her mood turned sour hearing him. She came here to London to spend time with him but here, he is spending all his time attending meetings and conferences.

" Kya !! Aaj phir der ho jaegi. Aap mujhe yaha shakal dekhne ke liye laaye hai."

(What !! You'll be late today too. Did you bring me here to see my face.)

She complained glaring at him, removing his hand from her cheeks, vexed with his behavior.

"Maine aapko bataya to tha ke mujhe shuru ke do din kaam hai aur baki ke din aapke liye hai. To phir itna gussa kis baat ka ?"

( I already told you that for first two days I have to work and the rest of the days we'll spend together. Then why are you angry ?)

He explained everything to her wanting her to calm down.

"Iska matlab aap kal se koi meeting attend nahi karenge.. Haina ?"

( That means you aren't going to attend any meeting from tommorow onwards... Right ?)

She asked him with eyes full of hope and much to her happiness he nodded smiling at her. She was so happy hearing him that she jumped on him tacking him down on the bed, hugging him tight. Mustafa was caught off guard with her action but hugged her back, kissing her temple and chuckled seeing her enthusiastic self.

"agar ab aapki ijaazat ho toh main jaaun ?"

( If you allow me, can I leave now ?)

He asked brushing away the soft tendril of her hair, placing them behind her ears.

"Naashta karke chale jaaiyega."

(You can go after having breakfast.)

She told him, getting up to have breakfast with him.