TEN

Jaan Jaati Thi Jiske Jaane Se
Use Maine Jaate Dekha Hai....

MARIA MUSTAFA AHWAAN'S POV

The next few days went by, without any discussion and I was glad about it. I know I can't ignore the discussion for long, one day or the other I have to face everyone but I will enjoy everyday I get.

For some days I got succeeded ignoring everyone. My plan was simple, ignore confronting about marriage with anyone who tried to talk about it.

But one fine day, dado called me inside her room and I knew why she called me.

Get ready to face dado Maria. She will try to convince you but no matter what she says you will not agree with her.

But what she didn't knew that her love for her dado will make her agree.

Knocking her room's door I  entered inside her room where I saw him resting his head on dado's lap and she was caressing his hair lovingly.

Lagta hai saara pyaar aaj hi lene ka irada hai.

He immediately sat up straight seeing me while dado patted me to sit beside him. Smiling at her, I ignored him knowing well he was looking towards me only and nervously took my place beside him.

Yes, I feel nervous when he is near.

We were so close that I could feel heat radiating off his body. I know he is observing my every action and I hate to say that he knows how I am feeling cause, I saw him smirking from the corner of my eyes....

Ughhh.... You idiot.... Calm your horses down and mask your feelings... Take a deep breathe in and focus on what you came here for.... Rejection.... You will say no to dado and leave.... Simple..

Dado patted my head lovingly and then kissed my forehead just like she does everytime I meet her.

"Mashallah.... Look how beautiful you both are looking with each other... My child, why don't you agree with this alliance? Aakhir koi to wajah hogi jo aap is rishte ke liye inkar kar rahi hai ?"

She sighed holding my hand, her eyes full of worry with my resistance with this alliance.

"Dado, I only know that my heart is not ready to accept him because he broke my trust. Aur bina kisi yakeen ke koi rishta nahi chal sakta."

Taking a deep breath I turned to look at him with accusation in my eyes wanting him to know how much pain he caused me in the past.

"When we got married I was very small I didn't even knew the meaning of marriage, main to bas ye janti thi ki ye mere sabse ache dost the. The friend who saved me from baba's scoldings. The friend who hated seeing tears in my eyes. That friend who was ready to sacrifice anything for my happiness. That friend who promised me that he'll never leave me alone par is nikaah ne sab kuch tabah kar diya aur maine apna sabse acha dost hamesha ke liye kho diya. I never asked him to marry me, I was not the one who forced him for marriage but all I wanted was from him was friendship which he threw right back on my face and went away. I, as a little girl waited for him to come back or even contact me but he never did. He never came back and I am glad he never did because all this time....."

Keeping my emotions at bay I continued maintaining an eye contact with dado to let her know how much his absence cost me, how much it ruined me everyday.

"I'd learnt not to trust anyone to the extent that you start comparing them with God and the day I realised that was the day when I ended my every relation with him."