35: His Secret

Hello xx

Well the chapter is finally done and I could't be more happy. It has taken A LOT for me to write this but I missed the story and hated keeping you all waiting.

The big delay was life in general. I won't bore you with the details but work was getting me down and I had college to deal with. In the end there was just no time or energy to write anymore... until now :)

There are about two or three chapters to go(just an estimate) and then its the end of His Secret!!!

Thank you for being so patient with me and for not giving up on August, Grey and the rest of the gang xxx

Read and enjoy =-) x

Can I also give a MASSIVE thank you to Maya_2011!! She has undertaken the task of editing this story and has been amazing x

2012 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 

Edited by Maya_2011

............................................................

I looked up at the heavy clouds that slowly begun to consume the sky and swallow the sun. It seemed almost ironic that God had cast his power over the sky above us to have it darken so that it represented the devastation that would soon fall upon us.

The crowd had dispersed under the king’s orders, leaving only a few of us to watch the final moments of either Jack or Guy. We all surrounded the pair on a small clearing in the woods away from human eyes and all I could think of was Grey’s warm embrace. I needed to hold him, to kiss his lips, to see his face instead of holding my crying baby sister and watch two people I cared about fight to the death.

My conscience was screaming in anger but the larger part of me ignored the voice of hatred because it had given up. In truth, I was exhausted and afraid. I had run out of ideas and I knew that sooner or later it would be either Jack or Guy lying dead on the ground.

I held Lizzie tighter and closed my eyes. Feeling the gentle wind caress my face, hearing the trees play in the breeze and inhaling the scent of sweet grass I calmed my pounding heart… wait I knew that smell. My eyes shot open and I inhaled deeply through my nose. I began to analyse every molecule that drifted through the air, my wolf stirred and pushed herself to the surface.

Grey was here.

My eyes shifted and I began to scan everything and everyone. I could feel his presence but none of my senses could pinpoint his location. Grey’s scent was light in the air and it tormented me as if it knew I would never find him now. The small yet noticeable trace of him stirred something deep within me. With every heartbeat my skin tingled with heat and electricity but what made me close my eyes and suppress a groan was the slight throb between my legs.

I had only been through the mating heat once before and that had been cut short thanks to the AH tablets. However right now within the five minutes I allowed myself to feel the exciting sensations I forgot about everything and everyone. After this was over I was going to throw away the tablets and allow Grey to throw water on the fire building inside of me.

I smiled and inhaled once more but found his scent no longer lingered. He was gone.

My eyes shot open, suppressing the anger and desperation for Grey I held on tighter to Lizzie. My heart ached for him and I suppressed tears that so desperately wanted to escapee. When this was all over I would find Grey and never let him go.