27: His Secret - Bonus Chapter

Hey everyone, really sorry about the wait for this chapter but I have been swamped with coursework and being sick with the flu :(

Anyway I wrote this bonus chapter because I began thinking about Lizzie and heart broken Jack. This explains a lot of what is going on between them, so I hope you enjoy xx

...................................................

2011 © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 

Lizzie’s point of view.

With my hand on my heart, I cried with the agony of not being with the one man I truly loved. Jack was the one spark of hope in this dark existence I had once thought was perfection; money and respect was what I had grown up with, but one smile from Jack and I realised how my whole life had been fake.

I tried to comfort myself with the words of my mother; she had told me so many times that if I married Guy it would bring honour and respect to the family. A family in my mother’s eyes she saw as pathetic.

Growing up I had always looked up to her and why not, she was my mother who was supposed to protect me from the wrong of the worlds and to help me find happiness.

I supposed that I can admit that my mother had made me happy for a long time. She had taught me to grab what I wanted and be dammed the people I hurt in the process; I had enjoyed every moment being spoiled because I’m the baby of the family, and in the end that life was nothing to me now.

Then there was Rachel, my perfect big sister. From day one she made sure that I would be just a perfect as her, have her distaste for the small people but in reality I had just been her shadow.  Again I will have to admit I had taken pleasure from making other lives miserable; through high school I had stood by Rachel’s side and enjoyed feeling like I was on top of the world. 

I shook my head at my views of Rachel and my mother that no longer existed. I hated them yet I feared them at the same time, I had grown up under their influence so I knew how ruthless they were.

There was now one person that I wanted to look up to, August Price, my big sister. The last time I had seen her, she was broken and alone.

When dad died it really hit her hard and I’m ashamed to admit that I stood on the side-lines and allowed her to suffer alone.  

Jealousy had been my reason of allowing her to suffer; I had always hated the relationship between August and my dad, but it took me seeing and getting to know her again that I realised she was the type of person that deserved his love.

When I had sent the invitation to her, we all had expected her either not to show up or be that same weak girl.

She had shocked us all.

I was happy to have her here, because not only did she provide a much needed shoulder to lean on, but I respected her strength and learnt from it. August was the type of person to look up to and I can truthfully say that I’m glad she is my sister.

It’s just a shame that I couldn’t be strong like her.

When I was little I had tried to bond with her but instantly Rachel took me away from her and taught me that, being with August would make me pathetic and invisible. I was only a child, so those words scared me to know end. I allowed myself to treat August like she was nothing just because of my fears of being like her.

I had promised myself that I would never let Rachel scare me, yet here I was again letting not just her but my mother scare me into this marriage.

Guy is a wonderful person; he is handsome, kind and caring and yet I couldn’t find it in my heart to love him. I cared for him deeply but the thought of spending the rest of my life with Guy made me resent him, and that was something I didn’t want to feel towards Guy.