23: His Secret

• Dedicated to Baby Zach, because your awesome :)

As you can see I have dedicated this chapter to Zach bacause he has stolen the show once again and is a brill chracter to write about :)

All I can say about this chapter is..... CAT FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read and I hope you enjoy :D

..................................

2011 © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 

Andrea smiled innocently at me, “I couldn’t afford a babysitter and he really wanted to see you.” I smiled “really?” She nodded and jogged over the pram to release and very eager looking Zach, he kicked his little legs about until Andrea was forced to put him on the floor.

He laughed loudly and using the support of a table he hobbled over to me. I almost melted there and then; Zach was walking and wearing a black suit that came complete with a tie. He was like a mini man.

When he came to the end of the table he fell onto my legs and clung on tightly. “Hey there little man, how are you doing?”

“Aug pick me up!” Zach demanded in a strong voice and I laughed when he pouted at me, I bent down and scooped him up in my arms.  “love you Aug” I could feel the tears of happiness spring to my eyes; I had never seen someone so small and innocent look at me with so much love and kindness. I stared into his warm brown eyes and saw his father looking back at me; it made me sad to think that Chris would never know a small part of him was in the world.

Zach raised his little hand and clutched onto my silver necklace, he found it so interesting that he didn’t say another word. Holding him and feeling his body warm made me made me think about something that had never occurred to me before.

I looked at Andrea who laughed and shook her head, “I know what you’re going to say but don’t.” I had to; the words were begging to be said like my heart was pumping them forward.

“I want a family.”

Andrea rolled her eyes “great you said it. But listen having children is isn’t all it’s cracked up to be; first we grow to the size of an elephant and then go through extreme amounts of pain to get them into the world. After all our suffering all they want to do is torture us with crying, poo filled nappies and being constantly hungry.” 

I laughed and her ranting and raving, “yes but what about the good times?”

She sighed “well I do love how he welcomes me each morning with a smile, Zach singing in the bath and how he tries to dance to any music he hears.”  I looked down and breathed in Zach’s wonderful sweet smell and then back at Andrea who was looking at him like any proud mother should.

“So would you swap him or change anything?” I didn’t have to wait a single moment before she answered, “not for the world”.

Soon after the party centered around Zach. All the women wanted to hold him so he ended up being passed from one person to the next like a parcel. But I don’t think Zach minded by the cheeky smile that never left his face.  I could almost see him growing up to be like his dad and chatting up girls.

The next words that left my mouth were unintentional, I couldn’t control them. “You should tell Chris about Zach.”

I regretted it instantly when I saw the painful look that swept across her face. “Why talk about this now August?”

“Because… because Chris is Zach’s father and I know there is pain and hate between you too but that shouldn’t keep a dad away from his son”.

“I don’t hate him!”

I spun to face him, shock making my eyes widen at Andrea; “what?”

“I don't hate him because there is a part of me that will always love him. But I can never forget how he gave up on me so quickly and believed all those lies my sister spread about me”.  I gripped her hand trying to give her some comfort but I knew it was hopeless, I felt such an idiot for bringing it up when she was so happy.  Andrea voice dropped to a whisper, “I don’t think I could face Chris if he turned away from Zach… that would be far too painful.”