29: His Secret - Part 3

Hiya!!

This chapter was meant to be posted ages ago, so I apologise for the wait. 

Anyway I've been reading over the first few chapters and they really need some major editing ( I cringed at my own grammar). I have made a start, so if you do look back you will see some changes, but I still have a lot to do (I hate editing) 

So editing will take over my life, which may cause the late arrival of the next chapter but even though it is sad for me to say, this story is soon coming to an end :( All your questions will be answered very soon xx

Anyway enjoy =-) 

Check out the amazing cover made for me on the side!! And the song Into the Fire by Thirteen Senses >>>>>>>

........................................

2012 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

“August? Hello August, are you still there? August speak to me!!”

I could hear Macy’s words but my brain couldn’t register them; my body was shaking uncontrollably and so many emotions filled my body that I couldn’t put a name to them all.

“I’ll speak to you later”. My words were quiet and barely audible as I then pulled the phone away from my ear and pressed it back onto the handset.   My body suddenly gave up supporting my weight as pure agony and sadness ripped through every inch of me. I crumbled to the ground, leaning against the wall as fresh tears spill from my eyes; had my whole life been a lie?

Flash backs of the pain my mother and sisters put me through played out in my mind. I closed my eyes and cried, hearing their taunting words, cruel laughter and the click of the key as mum locked me in my bedroom.

I smiled nervously in the mirror as I once more check the red lipstick that covered my lips. It belonged to Rachel but she had thrown it in the bin saying the colour made her look fat, which was stupid seeing as she was only eleven. However her loss was my gain, especially as Harry had invited me to come and hang out with him.

Harry and his family had moved in next door a week ago, he was really sweet and said I was pretty; Rachel hadn’t met him yet so I believed I had a strong chance to be his girlfriend. Both of my sisters said having a boyfriend made you cool, so if Harry was mine then maybe I could be cool as well.

I smoothed down my jeans and brushed my hair again until I was happy I looked nice for him. Suddenly the door slammed open and I jumped in fear when Rachel came marching in “I knew you stole my lip stick.” Out of nowhere her hand snatched it away from me and the cruel look in her eyes made me shrink away from her.

“You threw it away. I thought you didn’t want it anymore” my voice shook uncontrollably and I knew it annoyed her by the glow of hatred in her eyes. “And why would I throw away expensive lipstick?” she spat the words at me as I continued to panic in her presence.

I chocked on my own words as nerves and panic flowed through my entire body; I wringed my hands together and nervously looked away from her. “MUM!! AUGUST STOLE MY LIPSTICK!!”

My eyes widened and I reached out for her “please Rachel, I’m sorry I took your lipstick”. Rachel pulled away from me and placed her hands on her hips, a cruel smile lighting her face “stupid girl”.

Mum soon came bounding up the stairs and when Rachel told her what I had done, my pleading words fell on deaths ears as she grabbed me and roughly shook me. “August I really can’t deal with you today and you know what happens when I don’t have the energy for you”.