24: His Secret

Patentice my  awesome fans :)

Grey's secret is on its way x

..................................................................

 2011 © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 

Butterflies swelled in my stomach when Lizzie picked up my gift. It was hard trying to decide on what to get a girl who had everything, so after some time I picked something that was more personal. She opened the gift bag and pulled out a wooden frame holding a picture of Lizzie and myself, at a very young age sitting on our dad’s knee.

I waited patiently for her to speak but instead she just sat there slightly holding the picture. I stepped forward to speak to her, “do you like it Lizzie?” I didn’t have to wait long; she stood up and threw her arms round me and I hugged her back just as hard. 

Lizzie pulled away and smiled “this is the best present! Thank you so much.”

I shrugged my shoulders “it’s no problem, I’m just glad you like it”.

She shook her head, “no seriously August thank you for this. I don’t have many photos of dad so this is really nice”.

I placed my hand on her shoulder “why not?”

She looked me in the eye and said one word “mum,” I didn’t need her to continue. I could guess that my mother had gone and destroyed any picture with my father in; after all she did say we all needed to move on.  

I pressed the frame in her hands closer to her chest “then take great care of it”. She nodded and then our moment was ruined by none other than Rachel “come on Lizzie, there are more presents to open”.

We both rolled our eyes, I let go of Lizzie and allowed her to sit back down to continue unwrapping her mountain pile of presents.

After the grand present opening the Queen spoke up, and once again we bowed in respect and gave her our full attention.  “Miss Price, my present to congratulate you on your marriage to Guy is to have your rehersal dinner at the palace,” the Queen finished speaking with an excited smile and I gasped along with the rest of the women around me.  To be invited to the Palace was a great honour and by the glowing smile that lit my mother’s face, this was something she was not going to pass up.

My mother nudged Lizzie who stood and bowed, “thank you your highness. I have to say I was only going to have the dinner at the local resturant”.

The Queen flicked her hand “good gosh no. With this you can have a party and a meal, plus I will personally arrange everything and call you with the details”.

“Well if you’re sure your highness?”

She nodded and even that gesture was graceful; “yes, I want to and it gives me the opportunity to meet new friends.” Surprising her eyes met mine, and the warmth that filled them, went straight to my heart. I hardly knew the Queen and there she was, gracing me with kind eyes.

Everyone’s eyes glowed with excitement, first there was an invitation to the Grand Palace. Things were really looking up for my family, I hope they were happy in the glow of all this status and fake people.

Everyone bowed to the Queen before departing for more drinks, food and idle chat. I heard my name being called in a rich voice and instantly knew it was the Queen. I faced her and bowed, instantly I found her eyes skim over me and she smiled "I hope to see you at the palace Miss Price". 

"If I'am asked your highness".

"Oh my dear you will be".