31: His Secret

Hiya!!

This chapter isn't long but I wanted to just focus on August and Grey in this chapter. Its not everyday you wake up after a magical night to find out your soul mate hasn't marked you!!!

As for me I just found out that Terra Nova has been cancelled, and lets just say I'am not happy. Yes, I will agree that it got off to a slow start but towards the end it was really good. So finding out that  I won't get to see anymore has annoyed me!!!

Oh does anyone watch Being Human on BBC three?? I love that show and have fallen in love with Hal xx

So back to the story, the song for this chapter is 'Breathing' by Jason Derulo. Awesome song!!!! >>>>>>

.......................................................

2012 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

My eyes opened ever so slowly to welcome the warm sunlight stream through the trees above me. I could feel Grey’s warm breath wash over the back of my neck and I couldn’t help the smile that played on my lips as I felt his possessive arm wrapped around me and the pure skin to skin contact.  

I snuggled further into his body and warmth as I looked at the trees that surrounded us. The blue sky peaked out between the tick leaves and branches, and on the wind was a light scent of deer. This place was perfect.

My whole body buzzed with the after effects of mine and Grey’s mating.  Then a sudden thought struck me and once again my hand flew to the un-marked skin of my neck. Tears burned the edges of my eyes as questions and sadness filled me completely, was I not good enough for him to mark?

I didn’t understand and I didn’t think I ever would. Grey has my heart completely and last night I had given him something so precious… but he hadn’t taken the leap to mark me as his and show the world we belong together.

Didn’t he love me as much as I loved him?

That thought shook my very soul. Tears fell silently from my eyes and soon the bond that connected us didn’t stop the thoughts of running away and hiding my pain. I wiped away my tears, and then slowly and carefully I pulled back his arms and slipped away.

I looked down at my naked body and suddenly felt very dirty and empty. I mated with my soul mate and should be jumping for joy but instead I felt useless and alone. My own mate didn’t want me and he had proved that by not marking me.

I took two steps away when I felt strong hands wrap around me from behind. “Where do you think you’re going angel?” Grey whispered the words gently in my ear and my wolf howled at the huskiness in his voice, but I was still feeling worthless.

I pulled away and didn’t bother looking at him. Instead I stared at the ground, occupying my mind with counting the blades of grass.

“I have to go home and sort a few things, so I will see you later”. I did my best to hide my shaky voice but I knew he sensed my sadness the moment he grabbed and turned me to face him.

“Look at me Angel!” I wouldn’t because I knew if I did I would crumble in his arms and ask why he didn’t love me as much as I love him.

He spoke again and this time it was forceful and undeniable “look at me August”. So I did and when my tear filled eyes met his hard stare I broke down and cried. I clung to him as tightly as I could and allowed the tears to flow from my eyes and dampen the skin of his chest. As I cried Grey held me and whispered comforting words that eventually calmed the fires of sadness inside of me.