36: His Secret

Yep this chapter as been a long time coming.

Really sorry xx

Work, coursework and life in general has been really tough lately, so finding the time to write has been very difficult :(

Can  I say a massive thank you to all my amazing and patient fans who have waited for this very long overdue chapter. Again I aplogise. 

Here it is..... enjoy :D 

Slight warning if you don't like Grey in this chapter you won't like him even more in the next!!

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2013

................................................

I felt warm and safe.

Resting my head on Grey’s lap I basked in his warmth and scent that made my cheeks blush and skin tingle. The fresh green grass tickled the bare skin of my legs and the powerful rays of sunshine kissed every inch of my body. With the gentle wind and the humming birds I decided that this had to be one of the most perfect days.

I twisted my head towards Grey’s chest and snuggled further into his embrace. “You know I love you right?” I smiled, enjoying the way his chest rumbled with laughter in response to my rhetorical question.

Very slowly and gently I felt Grey’s hands brush away the hair on my shoulder, his fingertips tracing the curve of my neck with such delicacy that it made me shiver. “You really are pathetic.” His words hit me deeply and as I sprang to sit up, Grey grabbed my hair and brought me crashing back down. I cried out from pain and shock but Grey didn’t waste a moment as he suddenly appeared above me with his body weight keeping me locked to the ground.

I wanted to struggle and scream that he was hurting me but the cold look in his eyes froze me completely. “Grey?” My words wobbled as I fought to keep my emotions in check.

Grey sniggered. “Did you seriously believe I could ever love someone as pathetic as you?”

I felt a single tear run down my cheek as I watched the anger and pity flare in his eyes. “Grey please!”

Then in a flash his hands were around my throat and he began to squeeze. “I’m bored of your constant whining. Poor little August lost her daddy and her own mum can’t bare the sight of her. Who cares?” His words were coated in so much anger and hatred, a darkness filling his gaze. Grey’s hands soon began to tighten around my neck and the pain intensified. I thrashed in his tight hold, my hands slapping and clawing at his grip in hope to stop the painful tightness. The restriction in my throat burned uncontrollably and as it got worse my head began to feel lighter. Black spots appeared in my vision and as the pain began to blur into death I welcomed it.

“I don’t love you August and I never will."

The sudden darkness fell away as my eyes flew open. “Grey?” I called out his name as I quickly sat up and took in my surroundings. My heart beat was erratic, and wiping my forehead I cringed feeling how hot and clammy it was.

Wiping my hands over my face, I groaned in response to the headache that had taken up residence. I felt exhausted and hungry, yet at the same time the thought of food made my stomach turn. Feeling a soft layer underneath my body I squinted down at the warm chestnut bedcovers. In confusion I looked around the room and found myself in a large cream coloured walled bedroom, with floor to ceiling windows and what looked like a walk in wardrobe. Light streamed through the gaps in the curtains that trailed to the wooden flooring.