28

"Do you think shes going to wake up?" I hear a male voice cracks.

"Oh course she is" a female voice bursts out. 

"Shes a mother now, she got a daughter to fight for," another female voice says but this one is more mature than the last. 

"But what if she doesn't," the first male voice asks. 

"she is going to pull through! she's stronger than she looks" a deep male voice booms. 

My eyes flicker open. The room is really bright, i hear machines beeping and all I see is blobs everywhere. "Where am I?" I mumble. I feel constant pain in my head and my stomach. I lift my head a little. I see my dad, Ruth, Will, Jane and Ella standing in this really bright room. "Shes awake!" I hear my dad shout jumping up from his seat. Will runs straight out of the room Ruth and Jane gasps at each other. My dad and Ella jump in the bed with me. My dad holds me while Ella cries. I reach for her hand but I felt so drained. 

"Dad where am i?" I mumble groggily looking into his tired eyes. He looks at me sadly. "Your in the hospital" he tells me straight. My eyes widen. I look down to my stomach and my bump was no longer there. I began to panic. Everything then started to come back to me. 

Charlie

My head hitting the floor

Blood 

Kyle, Will and Henry. 

Then me blacking out. 

I slowly bring my hand to my head and I felt a massive bandage there. I gasp. I bring my hand to my mouth. I began to cry. "Did I lose the baby?" I ask through sobs. Before any has a chance to tell me the truth that I know is true. The doors burst open and Dr Yukoni waltzes in with loads of nurses and Will behind her. She gives me a relieved sigh before coming over to me. "Welcome back Evelyn" she smiles at me before checking the montiors. 

"Her pulse is strong and it seems that her heartbeat is returning back to normal" she tells the nurses around my bed. They start writing down the numbers before disappearing. 

"You give us a fright" she chuckles as she checks my head bandage. I look at her with confusion. She mirrors the same expression as me before looking at everyone in the room. "You haven't told her yet?" she asks them. 

"Tell me what?" I burst out. 

"Is my baby dead?" I look at my father. He just stares at me blankly. "what do you mean by welcoming back" I stare at Dr. Yukoni. She just looks the floor. 

"Someone tell me whats going on!" I just yell. 

Ella holds my hand. She strokes it softly. "Evelyn honey, you been in a coma for 8 weeks," she tells me. My heart jumped in my mouth. "We had to put in a medically induced one due to the swelling in your brain from the attack but once it went down, you didn't come out" Dr Yukoni interrupts Ella. I looked her with panicked eyes. I began hyperventilating. 

"Did my baby survive?" I sob. Dr Yukoni looked at my father. I followed her gaze and he nods at her to tell me. "Evelyn, since the baby was early and you couldn't give birth naturally-" she began to say. I rested my head on my pillow and cried, "I lost my baby is that what your trying to tell me!" I yelled out crying. My dad strokes my head and shakes his head at me. 

"No honey, the baby survived," he tells me. My heart stops. I looked at him. "I tried to tell you but you just came out of it". I nodded at him. He cuddled me even more. I looked over at Dr. Yukoni and she smiled at me. "Is she okay? since she was too early?" I asked her. Dr. Yukoni smiled at me. 

"Shes fine, she was in the ICU but she quickly recovered" she beams at me. I let out a massive sigh. I smiled at her before holding her hand. "Thank you for saving my baby" I mumble to her before crying again. She nods at me. She looks at everyone in the room. "You have such a great family" she mumbles to me before leaving the room. Soon as she leaves everyone rushes around my bed. 

"Your daughter is a beauty" Ruth laughs at me as she comes to my side. I reach for her hand, "You seen her?" I ask her. She looks at me then to everyone, "we all have darling" Jane chimes in.  I smile at her but inside I'm jealous. 

"She is so tiny Eve" My dad says to me. I bite my lip to stop me from crying. I see Ella shuffle towards me. "she is so cute, Auntie E is so proud of her already" Ella cries wiping her tears away. Will comes to her side and holds on to her shoulders, "And I will never get the image of seeing her shoot out" he reveals making me chuckle but then I realise that Will must have been in the delivery room and not Kyle or Henry. Actually where are Kyle and Henry?. 

"Where's Kyle and Henry" I ask looking at everyone. 

All of a sudden the door opens. 

We all stare at the door. 

In walks Kyle and Henry. They both smiled at me so I smile at them. I looked down to Henry's arms and there he was with a small little bundle. "Welcome back" Kyle sighs. "You gave us a fright" Henry mutters while moving towards my bed. As he gets closer I could see a little face. I felt the tears coming back but I bite my lip. "Is that-" I ask. I looked up to him and he nods. I slowly sit myself up with the help of my dad. "I want to hold her" I sob as I held out my hands for my child and Henry places her in them. Soon as I looked at my child's dark eyes, I cried. 

"She's beautiful" I mutter just holding her close to my heart. 

"Shes definitely is" Kyle says.

"I think we can name her now!" I smile. I look at everyone and they all smile at me. "Baby Howards is now Neve Ruthie Janie Howards both named after the two wonderful women in this child's life but also my father's mother" I gush. I look up and i see my father crying but also Jane and Ruth. I look between Kyle and Henry whom does not look happy 

"No matter who her father is, she will always have something from both you" I smile proudly. "She will forever be apart of our family" Jane cries. I smile at her. I looked down at my darling Neve then I looked up from her and sees that Kyle is holding an envelope. Everyone notices and it goes silent.

"Is that what I think it is?" I ask. 

"Um guys can you give us a moment alone please" Henry asks everyone including my own father. My father looks down at me and I nod. Everyone starts leaving the room. Both Jane and Ruth kisses their sons cheeks before leaving. He kisses my forehead before doing the same. 

Soon as the door shuts Henry walks over to my left while Kyle walks to my right. I stare at them both. "You actually did the DNA test without me?" I ask them offended. They both nodded. "We didn't know if you was going to pull through, I mean Charlie did hurt you that bad" Henry defends their actions. I shake my head at him, "Is Charlie dead?" I ask Kyle. 

He shakes his head at me. 

"In jail?" I ask. 

He nods at me, "God knows for how long though" he mumbles. It goes silent. I looked at that bright white envelope. 

"Lets just get it over with so one of you can actually live your life" I sigh. Kyle places the envelope on my lap then takes my child out of my arms. "No matter who is the dad, we will always be in this childs life" Henry says. I reach for the envelope. I hold it in my hands and trace along the seal. I tear it open. 

I pull out the sheet of paper.

I bite my lip as I read some of it then I look up at Kyle and Henry. They look at me worried.

"The dad is......" I say.