27

Even though I haven't got a clue how to drive and I knew I could potentially kill myself and my baby I still drove all the way to the other side of town which had a little unknown place filled with watering holes that myself and Will found by accident. I mean I did have some honks and I did stall the car like 20 times but I did make it without anyone finding me, probably thought I needed space which I do need especially after my mother showing up like that with her new boy toy who was that scary but hot stranger from the woods.

The watering holes which Will named it were filled with multiple little piers around the edging which you can walk on or sit on to get to the massive whole hole that was filled with this clearish but cloudy blue water. It was safe to swim in by the way. Will and I always used to bring Henry, Kyle and Ella here in the summer but in the winter I used to come on my own and just admire at what I have discovered, yes other people knew about it but it was my place. 

A week before Will went away, he brought me here and sat me down. He told me about his plans to move and start afresh. I was so distraught at first but after a couple of minutes, I hugged him. He was sad to leave and not see my baby being born but he had to leave. I hate to say it about my best friend from a young age but Ella was messing him about and he needed a new start.

I sat on the edge of one of the piers leading to the massive holes filled with water. I stared at the water watching the ripples just glide across which is somewhat calming. I let out a massive breath and cried. 

I sobbed quietly to myself. I just wanted a different life. A different relationship with the boys in my life. A different mother who wouldn't abuse my father and leave me just because she could. A boy best friend who didn't leave me because his girlfriend was a bitch. I just needed my world to stop. I wanted my best friend to be my best friend like the way she before she had a dick.

The water ripples again. My reflection from the water made me even sadder. My beautiful face was stained with my tears and my hair was a mess from all the movements. I stare at the water and it had me thinking out loud, what would happen if I just dived in and let go. 

"It is rude to run away from your party like that" A  deep voice comes from behind me. 

I sigh already knowing its Henry or Kyle. "Aw damn didn't take you long to find me" I sigh as I turn around to face either of them but I stop halfway as I realise the voice does not match either of them. 

I glance over my shoulder and see Charlie standing just steps in front of me. He smirks at me. I frown at him.  "Surprise" he mutters with his hand in his pockets. I look around expecting my mother to pop out behind the trees. "Your mother isn't here Evelyn" he says as if he was reading my mind. I give him a tight-lipped smile. 

"How did you know where I was and why are you here," I ask him watching him like a hawk. He shrugs his shoulders, "You are a very predictable girl and I wanted to make sure you didn't do anything stupid" he says in a mocking tone. I raise my eyebrow at him knowing he's lying. "hardly anyone knows about this place so how was this predictable" i question his words.  He chuckles at me, "I been following you for months, Evelyn if you haven't already figured it out".

I felt my stomach drop. 

"Why" I demand of him. 

He steps a little closer closing the space between us. "Because your all your mother talks about so I had to see what is so good about Miss Evelyn Howards" he chuckles quietly moving a piece of hair behind my ear. I shrug away from his touch. "So that day in the forest was not a coincidence," I ask him as I move past him. He furrows his brows before he realised what I was on about. 

"Yes that was a coincidence but I was hoping to run into you much later but fate is fate" he weirdly says. I keep my eyes on him. "So what are you to do with my mother?" I ask him. His face grew cold and kept his eyes on my bump. "I am her friend" he vaguely says.