11

For the rest of the day, I did my best to avoid Kyle and Henry but it is so hard when there are spies in the hallways but luckily I got away with it and it was finally the end of my last class of the day. I sit there while the class is on empty. The teacher gives me a curious look but I just continued to do my work. Soon as the class is empty I start packing up my bags. The teacher gives me a little wave. I poked my head around the corners and saw that the hallway was completely empty, well it was the end of school but you never know.

I let out a relieved breathe before stepping out into the hallway.

I walked towards my locker. I put my code in then propped it open. I replace my books with my homework stuff before slamming it shut. Soon as I shut it, I hear Henry's voice. 

"Angel cakes" he purrs. "no need to slam it like that" he purrs. I close my eyes. "What do you want Henry," I asked opening them and looking around for him. 

He steps out from behind a wall on my left. I jump back. "I want to see you since you seemed to be avoiding me" he smiles. I take a step back. "Um i got to go" I lie raising my homework in the air. He shakes his head and takes a step forward. "I don't think so you never got homework thats why you stay late" he laughs. I don't move. 

He places his hands on the side of my cheek. "so pretty" he compliments me. I push his hand away from me. He grabs my waist and pushes me against the locker. "I miss you" he mumbles into my neck before kissing it softly. 

 I catch a whiff of whiskey and weed. I gag from the smell. "Have you been drinking?" I ask looking at him. He swings his head to the side and smiles at me. I notice that his eyes are glassy and he could not keep them open. 

"I don't know MOM" he cackles and places his hand on my stomach. 

I flinch. "Oh yeah, I forgot your carrying my child" he whispers looking down at my belly. I smile at his action. "Even if it is my child" he adds on. My smile drops. 

I push him off me. "You are the father for the last time, there is no one else" I snap. He looks at me drunkenly. "If you say so" he argues back. I glare at him. "I don't know if you cheated on me" he backs his reasons. I roll my eyes at him. "Yea like I had time to cheat when you were with me all the time hurting me" I throw at him. He just laughs at me.

"Whatever, I can't talk to you when you are like this" I mumble and go to walk away but he pushes me against the wall again. "Don't you dare walk away from me" he stumbles against me and grabs me by my throat. 

Not again.

"I have loved you for the longest time and yet you treat me like scum" He snarls at me while looking in my eyes. He strokes my cheek with the freehand before kissing me hard. I silently gag from the stench. He parts away from me and kisses my neck. "Henry" I whisper. He murmurs. "You are hurting me" I mumble. He tightens the grip around my neck. I start choking. I try and pry his hands away from me. 

"This is what you get" he smiles just looking at me. I am going to die

Out of nowhere Kyle comes flying out and knocking Henry to the floor. I fall to the floor as Kyle punches Henry unconscious. "Run Eve," he tells me but  I try and catch my breath. Kyle grabs my hand and pulls me to my feet. "Come on run before he comes around" he whispers at me and pulls me to start running. I start running with him, i look over my shoulder and see Henry just lying there. 

Kyle pulls me to the car park and leaves my hand go once we get to his car. "Kyle we need to go see if hes okay" I squeak. He looks at me like I'm insane. "You almost died back there and you want to see if hes okay" Kyle asks me while opening his car. 

I looked him ashamed. "I was fine" 

He nods at me. "Yeah of course, get in the car" he says 

I shake my head no.

"Get in the car" he shouts at me. 

"No im going to see if hes okay" I tell him.

"Are you stupid he was hurting you, look at your neck" he yells at me. I fix my turtle neck to hit the new marks. "I'm going to see if hes fine then Il come back here" i say while  I turning on my heels and start walking back to the school but I get pulled back into the car. I go to get out but he locks my door. 

"I really wish you listen" he sighs and speeds out of the car park. I huff and sit back in the seat

We ride in silence until he stops at a red light

"How long" he bluntly asked. 

I don't answer him. 

He hits the steering wheel, "how long has Henry been hurting you Evie" he demands. 

"That is the first time" I lie. 

"Bullshit Evie" he calls me out. 

"I don't want to talk about it" I deadpan. He gives me a side-eye glare. 

"So he has been hurting you for a while? does Ella know or your dad?" he pops these questions out. 

I run my hand through my hair. "No no and no" I groan, "leave it go please Kyle i just want to go home" i beg him. 

"Fine if you do not want to talk about then we can talk about what I needed to talk about" he suggests. I shift in myself to face him. "Fine go for it" I smile. Kyle stares at me then down to my neck. He looks away in disgust. The light turns green so he slams down on the pedals. 

"I can't believe you won't talk about it Evie that is abuse" he circles back around to the Henry thing.

"What do you want to talk about!" I change the topic. He grips the wheel. "Well" I press. 

He looks at me then down to my stomach. 

"Is Henry actually the father?" he asks. Im unsure/

I look at him then look away. "Yes he is and I will say it until the day I die" I sniffle. 

"Evie, do you think there is a possibility that I am the dad?" he carefully mutters. 

I look up at him and nod. "I'm really hope not," I tell him. He lets out a breath. 

"Well then" he just says and drives.