21

Ella helps me on the patient bed. It was high okay. I try and lay as comfortable as possible but the bed was too lumpy and my mind was on Kyle.

Dr.Yukoni starts speaking to me and I zone out. Ella looks at me worried then nudges me.

"Hey are you okay?" She expresses her concern and rubs my hand. I nod softly and look to Dr Yukoni. She had a blank expression on her face.

"Is everything okay with my baby?" I panic thinking i missed something vital. Dr.Yukoni shakes her head at me, "no Evelyn i was just explaining that today we should be able to find out the gender of your baby" she re explains. Ella smiles brightly and squeezes my hand.

Dr Yukoni grab the scan machine and slide over to us. "Is the fathers not joining us today? Dr.Yukoni prying at me. I shake my head. Ella looks at me with a guilty expression, "actually they are" she speaks out.

"What!" I shout at her. She moves off the bed. "I think it's best that they are here it is one of their baby" she expresses her feelings. I glare at her. "But i don't want them here" I argue with her. She backs to the door, "well i'm sorry it's tough news Evelyn and opens it. I rest my head on the bed on frustration.

"Come in boys" Ella calls out. Dr.Yukoni looks at me with wide eyes, "she is a bit much isn't she" she whispers to me while getting everyone prepared. I nod, "she's a pain in my ass" I shout out. She looks over at me and pokes her tongue out at me before closing the door.

I raise my head off the bed. I see Henry and Kyle standing at the foot of the bed. I frown at them. "You don't have to be here" I say to them blankly. They both look at me.

I see Henry hasn't being taking care of himself, he looks tired. His eyes are darker than usual and his facial hair is wild. It's hot don't get me wrong.

"Well I didn't have much choice" Henry grumbles leaning against the wall.

Kyle gives him a glare, "I didn't even know you had an appointment" Kyle laughs before sitting on the bed. Henry rolls his eyes at him. I back away a little making him frown.

"Okay nice to meet you dads I'm Dr.Yukoni i'm the baby's doctor but also Evelyns so today i'm going to do her scan and hopefully we are going to find out the gender" She tells them before grabbing the gel. I lift my shirt up and lower my jeans. "It's going to be cold remember" She smiles at me before putting it on my bump. I wince at the coldness.

The room goes silent. I stare up at the ceiling to avoid eye contact with Henry and Kyle. I hear the machine beep. My eyes dart to the screen. "What's wrong?" I panic before Dr.Yukoni reassures me.

She doesn't take her eyes of the screen. "I found the heartbeat" she smiles. I let
out a big sigh. I look towards the boys and they do the same. "almost give me a heart attack then Doc" Henry chuckles before locking eyes on me. "Make that two heart attacks" Kyle comments.

I look over at the monitor. "Can you tell me if it's a boy or a girl" I squint at the screen to see if i could tell but it is no use it's just all grey. Dr.Yukoni shakes her head. I frown.

"but we already have thought about names?" I sadly declare

"Already?" I hear Henry say. I look over at him, "Yes already" I mutter at him.

"Maybe next time Evelyn pregnancy is unpredictable" she smiles at me. "But would you like to hear the heartbeat" she perks up. I look over at the boys. "Should we?". They both look at each other before nodding insync.

"Let it play" I sigh. She presses a button then it was silence. I fiddled with my fingers scared that it may not be loud enough but soon as I heard that heartbeat I started crying.

"That's one loud heartbeat" Dr Yukoni chuckles. I giggle at her and look over to the boys. They just saw at the screen in awe.

"that's our baby" I smile at them.

"our baby" they say together