7

Lights flash in my eyes

Darkness returns

"Shes conscious" an unknown female voice states

Another light flashes in my eyes again.

I squirm.

"Yes definitely conscious" the female voice states again.

I slowly open my eyes and see a couple of shadows just staring at me. I close my eyes then open them again. The shadows slowly turn into familiar faces and unfamiliar. My friends were there except my boyfriend but so was my parents and the doctor. My father Craig and my stepmom Luna notice I'm awake and rush to each side of the hospital bed.

"Oh honey" my father gushed. They both hug me. I cringe in pain. "Ow," I cry out. They both pull away and look at the really tall women in the doctor's scrubs just look up at me from the clipboard. "Wheres Henry" I croak. Ella and Will just looks at each other.

"School" Will says. I look at them all and shift to my left side to get a better look at them. "Why aren't you in school then?" I question them. Ella looks over the room. I follow her gaze. Kyle was just leant against the wall. "Ella was on her way when your dad phoned her" Kyle says.

Ella leans forward and touches my leg. "Before you ask another question Eves, they were with me so I brought them with me" she says quietly. I nod harshly causing me to cry out in pain.

"Are you in pain Miss Howards?" she asks me. I nod. She gives me a small nod then writes down on her clipboard. "What happened?" I asked looking at her then towards my father. The doctor looked at my father then towards my friends. "I think its best if your friends leave for 10 minutes due to confidentiality" she hints. My friends look at me and I nod.

They all get up and waddle outside.

Soon as the door closes. My father turns to the doctor with a cold face. Luna puts the sidebars down and jumps in by the side of me giving me cuddles and kisses. I stare straight at my doctor. "Dr. Yukoni please can you finally tell us what is wrong with my baby girl and why she was being sick and then fainted" he slowly asks.

Dr. Yukoni looks down at the clipboard and frowns.

"Evelyn have you missed your period?" she asks me.

I nod.

She frowns again then scribbles on the clipboard. My father looks at Luna with confusion laced in his face. "I know this is gonna be difficult to answer" she starts then looks at my father, "but have you had unprotective sex in the past couple weeks" she questions me. I look towards the floor and nod.

I hear my father sigh. "I was on the pill but I know that it doesn't always work" I blurt out. Dr Yukoni nods and writes it down. I look up at my father and he looks so mad. Dr Yukoni looks up from the clipboard and looks at me sincerely. "We took blood from you while you were unconscious to find out why you were being sick and fainting and" she slowly says then look at my father.

My fathers face softens and nods. The doctor looked back at me. I felt my stomach drop.

"Congrats mommy" she smiles.

I look at her and all the colour out of my skin just drains. My father just freezes and Luna does the same. "There must be something wrong with the labs" my father breathes. The doctor walks over to him and shows him the clipboard. He scans the clipboard then looks at me in disappointment.

"I'm going to kill him Evie I swear to god" my father seethes and heads towards the door but the door slowly creeps open. My father stops. Luna gets off the bed and goes to him. I see Henry's head pops around the corner with a quirky smile. My eyes go wide.

"Who is that?" the doctor asked.

My father glares at him. "Its the father of the unborn child growing inside my daughter!" he yells. Luna grabs his arm and strokes him to calm him down. Henry quirky smile soon turns into a horrified expression. "Wait what?" he chuckles. My father glares at him.

"Henry" Luna calls out his name. He looks at her and nods. "Shes pregnant" she reveals. Henry mouth just drops to the floor. He looks at me then back at Luna then back to me. "Noooo" he lets out. I felt sick. I knew he didn't want a child, I mean if he did he would have tried by now. "Henry shes pregnant and you are the father," my father said a bit firmer.

"I think we should leave them to talk it out" Luna suggests. My father shakes his head. "Honey, they need to talk about this and the options that are out there for them," she says pushing him towards the door. He looks over his shoulder at me and sighs. "I will be outside this door okay honey," he tells me. I give him a weak smile before Luna fully pushes him out of the room.

The doctor gives me a weak smile. "I will be back in a bit to talk about options once you have talked with your boyfriend and I will need to talk to you about the bruising I found on your arms with your family okay," she tells me. I twiddle my thumbs before nodding. I hear the door open then silence.

"So your pregnant" Henry breaks the silence.

I nod

"Is it mine?" he says with happiness. I look up from my thumbs and glare at him. "Of course it is" I sigh.

He shrugs his shoulders. "Well your gonna have an abortion right?" he says straight after. I shrug. "No Evie you are having an abortion," he tells me. I look at him and scoff.

"My body my rules" I mutter.

He shakes his head at me. He walks towards me and grabs my arm. "Who is gonna take care of you and the baby, because trust me i will not" he tells me quietly. I shrug out of his hold.

"get out" i whisper.

He just stares at me.

"GET OUT BEFORE I TELL MY FATHER ABOUT YOU HITTING ME" I shout at him quietly. Henry laughs and struts over to the door.

"Il see you tomorrow" he waves before leaving.