𝒎𝒚 𝒅𝒆𝒇𝒂𝒖𝒍𝒕 𝒔𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

[CICATRIZE]

4.04 || my default setting

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Aurelia opens the first aid kit and the bottle of vodka where they sit on Chris' desk. "There's rubbing alcohol and swabs in the first aid kit." Delaney frowns and Aurelia glances at her.

"I know. The vodka is for me." Aurelia responds. 

"It's nine o'clock in the morning." Isaac says.

"And? I haven't slept. Don't test me, Lahey. I'm not much fun on no sleep." Aurelia warns before opening the bottle of rubbing alcohol and the swabs before carefully cleaning the cut on Chris' head. "Wimp." She mutters under her breath as she wipes at it when he grimaces slightly and Chris rolls his eyes. 

"His eyes were glowing." Scott says.

"There was something almost ritualistic about it- Like it was looking right into his soul." Chris says.

"That's the same thing it did to me." Isaac says.

"That's what it did to everyone." Allison chimes in. 

"Not everyone." Delaney argues.

"Del's right. They only came after the werewolves." Scott says.

"And Lydia." Allison adds.

"Anyone with a connection to the supernatural." Chris explains.

"Should I be concerned that they haven't come after me yet?" Aurelia asks.

"Have they come for Sebastian, Freya or Aaron?" Chris asks.

"I don't think so." Aurelia responds.

"Maybe what they're after, witches don't have." Chris suggests and she nods, still cleaning his forehead. 

"Then who was that guy they went after in Japan?" Isaac questions.

"A Kumicho. A Yakuza boss." Chris says. "It was my first gun deal. I was only eighteen, and it was supposed to be a simple exchange. Except Gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being Yakuza." He says and Aurelia rolls her eyes.

"Sounds like something he'd do." Aurelia mutters under her breath.

"He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment. Testing my ability to, uh, improvise." Chris says.

"Or your ability to survive." Allison argues as Aurelia puts the cotton buds down before picking up the closure strips and trying to peel the back off.

"The moment the sun came down, it was like they just materialised out of the shadows." Chris says. "They had swords. Not curved like katanas, but straight, black steel."

"Like a ninjato?" Delaney asks.

"Yes, Delaney, like a ninjato." Chris says and she smiles. 

"Your extensive knowledge on swords worries me sometimes." Allison says and Delaney shrugs.

"I like swords. They're cool." Delaney responds. 

"What did they want?" Isaac asks.

"To get to the Kumicho. They cut down every living thing in their way." Chris says.