9

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share to help me win the Wattys this year! I appreciate every single one of you!

I spent the next few days mostly sleeping and keeping Bridget company. I never had a younger sibling so it was kind of fun to play with her and have her enjoy my company. It was nice that someone wanted to spend time with me.

"When's Liam coming home?" she asked.

"I don't know. Soon, I think. You haven't talked to him?"

She shook her head and dropped the doll she was playing with.

"Can we go outside?"

"Sure but you're gonna have to show me how."

She took my hand and pulled me off the floor to follow her. For a seven year old, she was incredibly strong. Then again, she was born a vampire so I wondered if that had anything to do with it.

She took me downstairs and turned opposite of my bedroom. We passed through an elegant living room to a wall of French doors. She threw one open and hurried outside.

The exterior was just as beautiful and lavish as the interior. Everything was a lush green and thick, white, marble benches were placed sporadically throughout. A giant gate contained the vast land but even that was covered in a beautiful ivy. It was, to say the least, jaw dropping.

Bridget slipped out of my hold and ran off. I followed her quickly, not wanting to lose sight of her. Liam would kill me if I lost his sister.

"Anna!"

"What?"

"Liam's home!"

I looked up to see a black car in the distance, quickly approaching. Bridget raced back towards me and around the castle. I ran after her, hoping I wouldn't lose track of her.

Just as I caught sight of her, the black car had stopped and Liam stepped out. Bridget launched herself at him just like she had at the airport. Her love for Liam was sweet and made me miss my own brother.

We were a tight-knit family and my brother's death nearly killed me as well. I didn't want to live without him but my parents were strong and helped me cope.

"Liam! Anna and I had so much fun! She played with me all day," Bridget exclaimed.

He glanced over at me for a moment but he didn't look happy. He looked tense, frustrated. Still, he put on a smile for Bridget and humored her.

"Oh yeah? What'd you two do?"

"We played tea party, and dolls, and watched movies, and she let me paint her nails!"

"That's great, Bridget."

As he spoke, the most stunning woman I had ever seen stepped out of the car. Her bright red, oval eyes looked around curiously. Her hair was thick, jet black, and hung in loose waves around her thin waist. She was about as tall as Liam, maybe a couple inches shorter with skin so smooth and milk white, she damn near glowed. She was the type of woman that could make anyone, including myself, feel completely disgusting.

"I want you to meet someone," Liam said to Bridget.

Bridget looked behind him but didn't pay much attention to the girl.

"This is Mariah. She's Eric's daughter."

"Why's she here?" Bridget asked.

"She's just here for a few days to visit."

Even I didn't buy that. I didn't know what the girl was here for but it wasn't just a visit.

"Oh." Apparently Bridget didn't care.