The real 34

I wish everyone could see the facial expressions I make when I read some comments. *sigh*

Also, check out the video I posted on YouTube. I am making another one where I talk about my big, terrible mistake with this story. But oh well. I am only human, right? (Unfortunately)

"Hey, Liam," I called as I walked into his room.

He looked up from some paperwork and offered me a light smile.

"Yes?"

"Is there anything I can do?"

"Unfortunately, no."

I sat on the bed and watched him work for a minute.

"Are you sure?"

He laughed lightly. "Are you bored?"

"Yes."

"When is Azrael due back?"

I shrugged. "I thought he would have been back already."

He made a small grunt of acknowledgement and turned back to his paperwork.

I glanced around the room. It was smaller than Liam's room at home, but it was still just as elegant. Gold accented every detail of the room.

"Do you want to go to church today?"

Did I? Could I honestly step foot inside of a church and not think about what I did with Azrael? I didn't necessarily regret sleeping with him, but I was a little drunk and I probably would not have made that decision sober.

"Anna?" Liam called my attention.

"Yeah, sure," I agreed.

"It's not a bad thing, Anna," he said softly.

"What isn't?"

"That you slept with him. It doesn't make you a bad person."

"I know . . . I just wish I would have been more sober."

He nodded in acceptance. "I understand, but do you honestly think you would have ever lost it if you were sober?"

"Eventually."

"You love him, don't you?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Then it's fine. As skeptical as I am of him, even I can admit that he does care about you."

"Then why are you still skeptical of him?"

"Archangels can be . . . They are not the most reliable."

"He's different."

Liam nodded absently. "I said he cares about you and I'll stand by that. Hell, he probably does love you. Still, it's not in him to disobey a direct order from God. He is programmed differently."

"What do you mean?"

He came to sit next to me. Though he was close, I didn't feel like it was inappropriate. His intentions towards me felt different. It felt more protective than anything.

"His only purpose is to charter souls. He wasn't created with emotions or a conscience."

"Then how do you explain this?"

"To be honest, I don't know. It concerns me and that is why I reacted strongly."

"He said if I die, you die. Is that why you were so mad?"

"Partially. It is incredibly selfish of him to want us dead just so he doesn't have to come to Earth as often."

"He said I don't have to die if I don't want to."