31

So I changed the title of this story. I hope you like it :) I just felt this was more appropriate.

Just a reminder: I don't read comments. If you have something you want to say to me, please message me directly! I turned off my notifications because the amount of comments became overwhelming.

I stormed off the deck and back to my room. I slammed my door shut behind me and threw myself on the bed. I couldn't believe Azrael actually came to talk to me. What the hell was he thinking? Didn't he know I hated him? How could he think I would respond positively to him? Why did he think it would be acceptable for him to show up here?

I didn't want to think about him anymore, though I knew my attempts were in vain. I thought about him all the time and to put a face to him was even worse. Now I knew what he really looked like and of course he just had to be perfect. Sure, Liam and Pierce were handsome, but Azrael was different. He was a dangerous mix of dark and light. It made me more curious about him which wasn't a good thing. I should hate everything about him. I should hate him for what he did to me, but I couldn't. Not really. I was angry and rightfully so, but when I really looked at the situation, he hadn't done anything to me. He took care of me. Sure, he could be a misogynistic pig, but did that make him bad? I hated that I went from no men in my life to too many men. Maybe it was the alcohol clouding my judgement, but I wondered if I was doing myself any favors by staying a virgin. Maybe it was making me too naive, too vulnerable. Maybe it was the main thing driving my immaturity. I was quick tempered in any situation that involved a relationship, but maybe that wasn't fair of me.

I let all these things happen to me, but I hadn't controlled any of these situations. I wanted to be in control of something in my life and if losing my virginity was the one thing I could fully control, then I would. I wasn't going to let the Bible or anyone else tell me how I should lead my sex life.

I hopped up; a fresh determination coursed through me. I headed for the door and paused for a moment. I didn't want to seem needy or desperate to anyone. I just wanted that part of my life gone. Would the man I chose think that's weird? I didn't think it was weird, but I did have an odd feeling that I wanted it to be Liam. Pierce was right. I might not fully know the real Liam, but we were connected and I felt it on every level. It was like meeting someone new, but knowing everything about them.

A quick knock on my door caused me to jump back and release the handle. I regained my composure and pulled the door open. Liam stood on the other side looking at me with something close to lust buried in his ruby eyes, but I could have been mistaken.

"You need to stop thinking those things," he insisted.

I cocked my head to the side, confused as to what he was talking about.

"Everything. I can hear every last detail and you're making it impossible to ignore."

I was sure my cheeks would have turned bright red if I was still human.

"It's not who I am anymore and I don't want this last part of the old Anna."

"It's not a bad thing."

"I didn't say it was, but it's not who I am now."

He nodded absently. "So what do you want?"

I bit my lip softly and looked him over once more. Physically, it was the man I fell in love with, but I knew it wasn't him. I knew I didn't love Liam, but the bond we shared was deeper than anything. I fully trusted him without having talked to him for more than half an hour. He created me and he knew everything about me. I felt him in my mind and he saw my memories.

"You," I finally responded.

He looked at me for a moment before he took a step forward and closed the door behind him. I barely heard the faint click of the lock. I was too focused on what I was about to do.