Phantom Lord?

"This is how the story goes."

Natsu stares at Lucy in suspense. The blonde sighs and rubs her temples.

"So? What's the story? I'm impatient." Natsu urged the blonde.

"Alright! I'll tell you. Just let me relax first." Natsu nods and leans back.

After a few minutes of waiting, Lucy finally opens her eyes and looks at Natsu. He has his eyes closed and his head is hanging.

"Natsu? Are you still awake?" As soon as Lucy speaks, Natsu jerks up his head and stared at her.

"I wasn't sleeping," Natsu stated.

"Sure," Lucy replied and chuckled at him.

"Just tell your story," Natsu commanded, showing his old self again.

"Let me think. When was the beginning? I'd say when I was still at the mansion?" Lucy pondered with her hand on her chin.

Natsu growled lowly and caused Lucy to look at him again.

"Alright! I'll stop stalling! Just don't be so angry." Lucy exclaimed.

Natsu leaned back and waited for the blonde to speak.

"I think I was around 4 when my mom died. My dad chased me out because I looked too much like her I guess. I found Igneel in the middle of the forest. Or more as he found me." Lucy paused to let Natsu take it all in.

"Go on." Lucy nodded and continued with the story.

"I lived with him for around 3 years. He trained me to be a dragon slayer. Then he disappeared and I never saw him again." Lucy concluded and Natsu rolled his eyes.

"I'm pretty sure that's not the end." This caused the female blonde to groan in frustration.

"Well, aren't you talkative today? I planned to go back to the mansion but I ran into Wendy and another boy. He said his name was Jellal. We traveled together and later on, Jellal told me his secret. We both used his code name from then on. It was Mystogan." Natsu's eyes grew wide and looked at her.

"Mystogan?" Lucy nodded.

"Anyways, he left us a couple of days later. Wendy cried for hours nonstop. We both settled into an abandoned village and lived there for a while. I think until I was 16. Wendy and I became close and referred to each other as sisters."

"Then you found Fairy Tail?" Natsu asked and Lucy nodded.

"Our story wasn't anything special. But we did go back to the mansion once. My dad tried to marry me off to someone and keep Wendy as a maid. At first, I agreed because he would keep Wendy safe but when I came back after a trip to my soon to be Fiancee's house I gave up on that idea and Wendy and I escaped." Lucy clapped her hands together and smiled.

"That's it?" Lucy nodded and rubbed her eyes.

"I'm tired. Let's sleep." Lucy drifted off to sleep and Natsu soon followed.

Morning came sooner than expected, causing everyone in that little boat to wake up.

"I'm hungry." Happy stated blandly.

"Let me see if we have anything to eat." Lucy dug into a bag and pulled out a few sandwiches.

"Let me see Lucy." Lucy handed the sandwiches to Wendy.

After examining them, Wendy gave them back and decided they were still good to eat.

"Is there fish?" Happy asked enthusiastically.

"Yep! There's fish, beef, and chicken." Lucy replied.

Natsu accepted one and ate quietly in the corner.

"Natsu, what's wrong?" The pinky ignored the blonde's question and stared off into space.

"Look! I can see the shore!" Wendy shouted in delight.

Soon, the boat trip ended and they were headed to their guild again.

"Where did Erza and Gray go?" Happy asked causing Lucy to shrug.

"Erza-san and Gray-san went ahead. They said the had important matters to discuss." Wendy replied.

The rest of the walk was silent except for the sound of the group walking and breathing.

"Nii-san, why did you join the guild?" Natsu looked up from the ground and stared at Wendy.

"I thought they would treat me like family." He replied grimly.

Everyone grimaced, knowing it was the exact opposite.

"It's okay, Ni-san! We're here now!" Natsu smiled at the small girl who was now standing next to him.

"The guild is coming up," Carla stated.

"Is it just me or are people starting more than usual?" Lucy asked making the others look around as well.

"Huh. I wonder why." Wendy said as she looked at the strangers.

Their questions were soon answered as they reached the guild. They all stated at it with wide eyes.

"W- what happened!? The guild us destroyed!" Lucy exclaimed in horror.

The guild had holes and metal sticking out of it from every direction. There was no one in sight to answer that question.

"Phantom Lord did it." A voice said from behind them.

The group turned around to see the barmaid in tears. Her long white hair was waving in the wind as she stared solemnly at the guildhall.

"Luckily no one was injured," Mirajane said as she led them down to the basement where the other guild members were.

"Chaos and Lucy are back!" Mira shouted causing everyone to look up.

"Now we have everyone! Let's go storm Phantom Lord!" Someone shouted.

"No! You brats must think this through. Phantom Lord did this for something." Master Makarov stared at the guild members.

"Master, we haven't done anything that has to do with them! They attacked our guildhall first!" Gray shouted angrily.

"That's right! They're the ones who started this!" Someone shouted again.

"That's enough! I know how you feel. Believe me. I'm the guild master. But we will not do anything rashly. That's their goal." Everyone quieted down and returned to sulking.

"What's Phantom Lord?" Wendy asked.

"They're our rival. They've been our rival for forever." Cana replied.

"We have to be careful of them. They have the element four. The one who destroyed the guild goes by the name Black Steel Gajeel." Levy added.

"Why the nickname?" Wendy asked again.

"I guess it's for intimidation? Like how Erza is Titania and Chaos is Chaos." Gray replied.

The rest of the day, all the guild members stayed inside.

"I'm heading home. I need to get my mind off of things." Lucy said.

Wendy, Carla, and Happy followed after her. They've been living together for a while now since Lucy was scared that Wendy wouldn't be able to pay her rent.

"Ne, Lucy. don't think it's that man. Right?" Wendy asked.

"I hope it isn't, Wendy. He's tortured us enough." Lucy replied.