A Promise to Keep

I jumped from my bed started from the dream I just had. Natsu punishing me like that in front of everyone in the guild seemed plausible, but I saw that I was in a hotel with Erza, Wendy and Happy sleeping in the same room as I was so I knew it didn't happen.

I was confused as to why I was slick in between my legs. It isn't the first time I woke up turned on from a dream about something sexual, but I wasn't interested in BDSM in any way so why was I slick?

Getting out of bed I went and saw that the boys seemed to be having a hard time falling asleep with Natsu being in the room with them. I heard them whimpering as well as moving about the room. I knocked before I let myself in the room and saw Natsu glaring at the others before his eyes slid to me. They only glared more at me before they suddenly went wide. Walking over I grabbed his hand and gently guided him to the balcony in the room. We were under the stars for a while until I heard him begin to snore softly.

Just as I was to leave, his hand grabbed my wrist pulling me down next to him. Natsu snuggled himself into me causing me to slowly fall asleep.

"Why did she sacrifice herself?"

"Don't know, but who knew Dragneel was a cuddler?"

"Who is going to wake them?"

I groaned rolling over to the other side the voices were coming from and poked the warm body I remembered sleeping next to. "Natsu," I said tiredly, "we have to go." The voices stopped, but I was already awake because they are not very quiet. Natsu growled and rolled away from me. "What if I made pancakes?"

His face was now looking in my direction before he sat up and rubbed his head. "Do it."

I nodded before I made my way to the kitchen in the room we took for the night making the pancakes I promised Natsu. Making some for everyone else after Natsu ate his quickly. When he finished he ran out making his way back to the guild, or so I think he is. He left the rest of us to make our way back to the guild.

The chatter was mainly on how Natsu reacted to me getting him up, how I was the only one so far who he hasn't blasted at. Wendy minded her own business as she practiced her magic energy in her core. I knew that she was doing that because of her magic aura pulsating as well as the wind being redirected. I always enjoyed watching as she focused her magic energy because Wendy always looked so concentrated and peaceful. I wanted to try to do what she does, but I can never understand how a person can sit still and find your magic.

Wendy offered to help me, but I refused. I told her I was a lost cause and she shouldn't waste her time on me. Carla wasn't all to pleased when I said that and let us just say that I have a few scars from the white demon cat.

"Maybe she drugged him," I heard Gray say.

"It is possible, but that would mean she was able to get close to him before in order to do so," Erza said.

"You brats don't understand do you," Master said in annoyance. "It isn't about being drugged or potioned. It is about Chaos finding someone who he can feel a connection. Whatever that connection maybe it could be good for both he and the new girl."

It was silent as they took in the masters words. "I didn't drug him. No, I simply let myself in and tell him what needs to be said. I don't back down from telling him from right and wrong." I sighed, "honestly, he just needs someone who will listen to him and he will listen to you."

"We do listen to him," Gray hissed at me. "He beats us up for no damn reason and he causes so much destruction and chaos whenever he uses his magic."

I growled and pulled the carriage over. "Have you heard him tell you about his past? Was he the one to ever tell you what he lived through before you met him?"

Erza glared at me with a pure look of anger and resentment. "Like we need to know! All he will ever do is more harm than good."

"You realize he was raised by a dragon like I was, right," I heard Wendy ask. "Lucy is also a dragon slayer, but we were also raised by a rich family. What about him?"

The others seemed to be quiet about this, master who never said a word had looked more stressed than what he should for his age. I decided to get  moving so we can arrive home. It was a very uncomfortable time walking home, but I used the time to reflect on the relationship the guild has with Natsu.

Firstly, they are obviously fearful of him. His power, Chaos Dragon Slaying magic, is a destructive one so it is only natural for him to have no real control over his power. Chaos magic has a mind of its own, and untamed mind. There is no reason behind that magic, so until he finds a reason for his magic his element will come out, but the guild isn't really giving Natsu that chance he needs.

There is also the fact that Natsu also keeps to himself. It seems clear to me that he feels afraid himself to even be around those fragile humans. It would also explain why he comes around me more than the others, he even is around Wendy more than the rest. like as long as the person may be able to defend themselves against him then he won't be afraid to be around someone.

Lastly, there is also the fact that there is a history between the guild and Natsu that I don't know about. Though that could change from how it seems that they don't want me around the guy. I won't let Natsu be alone for any longer. That is a promise.

A promise I plan to keep.