The First Fight

The awaited day had finally come. It was time to start the S-Class Trial which would take a few days due to the fact that the island was quite far away from the guild.

Gray had chosen to team up with Loke who was using his own powers to keep his gate open. Wendy and Lucy both decided to team up with their exceeds and Cana partnered up with Bisca. Gajeel teamed up with Levy, Freed picked Bixslow, Juvia and Lisanna were a pair, and Elfman and Evergreen were the last team.

The entire time the teams were getting prepared for the trial, the guild members were making bets on who they thought would win. Many placed bets on Gray, Lucy, and Gajeel but Freed and Juvia were also put up to debate.

"While I'm gone," Makarov announced," Macao is in charge of the guild. Don't make too much trouble for him or else you'll all get yelled at."

"Got it!" The guild chorused.

With that said, the group left for the harbor. It didn't take them very long to get to the harbor and they set sail for Tenroujima after Wendy cast a troia spell on the dragon slayers.

"So why is Tenroujima a sacred island to us?" Lucy asked.

"It's our first master's birthplace. Apparently this was where the founders of our guild met so they declared it as sacred ground only for Fairy Tail guild members." Erza answered as she leaned on the railing and looked out at the ocean.

"Wouldn't it be rude to be doing this on our sacred land then?"

"Well I don't know how the tradition started but we've been going to Tenroujima to do the trials every year."

"So Erza since you're already an S-Class wizard, do you mind telling me about what we're doing on the island?"

"Sorry Lucy but I can't say anything. But thank you for reminding me that I need to go meet with master."

Erza walked off, leaving Lucy to stare out into the sea.

"Hey you." Lucy heard a voice as a pair of hands were wrapped around her.

Lucy turned around and smiled. She rested her head on Natsu's shoulder while they slowly rocked side by side.

"I thought you would have to go meet with master and the rest of them too."

"Master already met with me earlier so I'm free for the rest of the day."

"Natsu, would you ever want to meet Acnologia again?" Lucy looked up at Natsu.

Natsu looked as if he was debating about what to say for around 10 minutes before answering her.

"I would want to meet him. I want to know why he left and where he's been."

"That would be nice. I'm kind of hoping that I don't find Igneel. I mean what if he's dead?"

Natsu soothingly rubbed her back.

"Despite all that, I think you should have your hopes up. Or at least just a bit. Maybe he's dead but maybe he's not. It's a good choice to consider all possibilities."

"Yeah I guess that's true. I didn't expect you to be so mature about this." The blonde laughed.

"I'm just stating how I feel." Natsu smiled down at her.

"By the way, how do you feel about Wendy and Mest?"

"Well the age gap is kind of weird. I mean 3 doesn't sound like a big number but when you look at their ages it seems weird. But if they're happy then I'll let them be together."

"So you don't have a problem with it? You think they're good together?"

"I do think they're a bit complicated. I mean I heard from Mest about what he did and I kind of understand where he's coming from."

"Wait what do you mean? Like the thing with him kissing the other girl?"

"Yeah."

Lucy looked at Natsu with a confused face and backed up so she wasn't in his arms anymore.

"How do you understand him? That was a total dick move."

"He was just drunk and heartbroken. And I know those aren't excuses but being drunk and heartbroken can make you do stupid things. And besides they didn't do anything after Wendy found them."

"Okay but he was considering doing things with that girl. Wendy was totally heartbroken by him!"

"But it wasn't like they were together and Mest wasn't even sure if Wendy liked him back. He was just trying to find a way to get over her."

"And that was to make out with a random girl in front of her? What an amazing idea."

"He didn't do it on purpose. He was just lost in the moment and he didn't expect her to see him."

"Of course you would agree with him." Lucy huffed before storming off.

"Lucy are you serious? Why are you mad?" Natsu followed after her.

"Don't talk to me I'm mad at you right now. Go away."

"Come on Lucy don't be like that."

"What are you guys arguing about?" Canada asked as they reached the part of the ship where everyone was.

"Just stuff. I don't know if I can share it out loud since it's not about me." Lucy replied, joining the group.

"Who's it about?" Gray pushed on.

"Wendy." Natsu said.

"Hm? What about me?" Wendy looked up from the journal that she was writing in.

"You know about you and you-know-who." Natsu said again.

"Oh. About what happened?" Lucy nodded.

"So are we going to get a little more information?" Levy eyed the three of them.

"So basically I like this guy and I saw him kissing a girl after I bought him this ring. And then he said he liked me too after like 3 hours. It's complicated." Wendy sighed.

"See I told you they were complicated." Natsu said to the blonde.

"But you agreed with the man!" Lucy shouted back.

"Wait a minute, Natsu agrees with the dude that kissed a girl?" Lucy nodded.

"Okay but listen he was totally broken up and he just wanted to get rid of his feelings for Wendy. It's not like he planned to let her see them." Natsu defended.

"Then he should've kept his dick in his pants!" Evergreen stated.

"He's a free man he can do whatever he wants." Elfman retorted.

"Now if he really liked her then would he have kissed another girl?" Cana asked.

"Guys it's okay. We already talked about it and resolved the problem." Wendy broke up the fight.

"Fine." Lucy huffed.