Helping Hands

The guards in the castle in the Alvarez Empire started dropping dead like flies. It was probably eleven at night or some time near there. Lucy wasn't sure, she didn't have the time to check since they left. All she knew was that is was quite dark outside still. It wasn't a bad thing, they needed the darkness to hide in.

Everyone was made to wear black cloaks to be able to conceal themselves better in the night so that once they escaped they would be less likely to be spotted. They also wore black masks to hide their faces from enemies.

Group A knew that they had to make the guards disappear so that there would be suspicion raised and the security would be focused on them but at the same time it would be dangerous if they got into a major fight. The reason being that they weren't sure if they could bring down the spriggan 12 and they didn't want to risk losing anyone.

"Natsu, I think this is good now. We don't need to take any more guards out." Lucy whispered to him as she tapped on his shoulder gently.

He gave her a nod and the two disappeared into the shadows. The two were in charge of the east side of the palace along with Sting, Rouge, and Lyon to draw more attention there. Currently, Zeref resided in the western part of the palace so they decided to target the spot farthest from him.

The duo met up with the other three from where they first split up. It was in a dark hall at the back of the palace.

"They should be coming for us any time now." Sting whispered to the group.

"They'll probably send only one person to check it out but maybe two if they're cautious. We didn't raise enough suspension for them to think it was a large scale attack." Lyon whispered back, watching the light from the begining of the hallway.

"If it's two people we'll have to split up into two teams and fight them head on then." Sting replied.

Natsu shook his head," We can't do that. That's going to raise suspicion towards us and we can't risk them getting back up. The five of us wouldn't be able to handle it."

"Then we'll have to try and make them unconscious using the least amount of fighting." Rouge muttered with furrowed brows.

This was going to cause a problem. They couldn't fight head on because they needed to stay safe but it would be better to take out the people coming for them and draw the attention of the spriggan 12.

Finally, they saw someone, or more like sensed someone, coming down the hall. He was skinny and lanky with black hair. They knew immediately that he was one of the spriggan 12.

"God damn it. I can't believe Invel made me come here myself." He cursed as he walked past them.

The group looked at each other and nodded before Lucy, Sting, and Lyon ran out of the hallway towards him.

Sting shot a ray of light towards him as he turned around to face them, momentarily blinding his line of sight.

Lucy let out a fire dragon's breath as Lyon attacked him with his falcons made of ice. They weren't trying to get into a close ranged attack with him or any of the spriggan 12.

As the dust settled they heard chuckling coming from the man.

"That was pathetic!" He laughed, wiping the dust off his shoulders.

The trio looked at him in shock. It seemed like their attacks did no damage to him.

"I'll show you a real attack." The man grinned as he fired rockets at them.

"I'm guessing you're Wall then?" Lucy finally spoke up after she destroyed the rocket with a fire dragon fist.

"The one and only. You did your research. That doesn't mean you can defeat me though. Nobody can." He giggled maniacally.