~Prologue~

{Hello everyone! I would like to present to you! The beginning of the rewrite of Toxic!!!! Enjoy :3}

"Ten minutes till places everyone!!!" The director calls out from behind the stage. All of the cast members, including Thomas himself reply with."Thank you ten!" So the director knows they were heard.

Thomas is currently sitting backstage. Cast members and tech crew run around, preparing for the start of the play. Today is the first performance of the play Vampire Heart. Thomas was dressed in a red suit that looks torn up. His character is a werewolf named Tyler.

At first Thomas was very confident, so as every normal actor or actress would do, he is sitting down, reading over his lines. But thats when his first spike of anxiety hit. He could mess up his lines, or trip on stage. He took a deep breath and thought again. He knows how to improv, so he should be fine.

Right as he thought he was going to be okay, Virgil pops up."But what if you mess up your improv Thomas? What if people don't take you seriously." He says, his hands in his hoodie pockets, his hair covering his eye slightly.

"That may be true Virgil, but there are chances I'll do good." Thomas smiles a bit as he speaks, people give him odd looks for a second."Oh, sorry don't mind me, I'm just practicing my lines." He tells them, the cast members simply smile at Thomas and walk away.

"But what if you stutter, or the director makes your understudy go on instead of you?"  As Virgil spoke, Thomas's anxiety went higher, it was making him nervous before a show.

"Five minutes till places everyone!!!" Called the director, the response they got was."Thank you five!" From everyone, including Thomas.

"Well, then I miss my chance, but that's okay. I may be hurt, but I will have
other chances." Thomas says.

"What if you don't get other chances, because this director can tell your next director of how you messed up!" Virgil snaps, Thomas flinches at the thought, that wouldn't happen? Would it?

Thomas doesn't respond, but just then, his fanciful side pops up."Thomas, don't listen to negative Nancy over here. Your going to do wonderful!!!!" Roman says with a grin."Now you have two minutes left before places!!! Get over there and do your best Thomas!" And with that, Roman grabs Virgils arm, and makes him sink out with him.

Thomas sighs, no longer feeling confident, dispite what Roman said."Yeah... I'll do my best..." He sits there for a momment longer, untill the director yells places. Thomas gets up and heads to the stage, the lights are off and he can't be seen. With the start of the music, the lights show up, and Thomas is facing a crowed of hundreds.

{Hi! I hope you enjoyed the prologue. It will explain the next chapter better. Anyways, a little self promo is added here. I am working on a play called vampire heart, at first it was a theater project for highschool. But I'm having fun with it, so I plan to make it into a real play oneday. Anyways