Chapter 33

"Lily—Lily!"

The voice grew louder and louder, getting more frantic by the second. When I didn't respond, I felt a pair of hands wrapping themselves around me, pleading with me to answer. My eyes met theirs in a daze state, seeing bright blue eyes glancing at me with a distraught look on his face.

"B-bradlee?"

He let out a sigh of relief hearing my voice, before gently laying my head on his lap. My stomach stirred, feeling my cheeks growing warm at the close contact.

"Are you alright?" he asked, his lips inches from mine. I gulped nervously, avoiding his gaze. Staring at the ceiling above his head, I almost gagged seeing the unrecognizable brown and oddly green stains.

"F-fine," I stammered. "What happened?"

"You fainted."

My eyes snapped back to his, not missing the forgotten phone on the floor. Your little boy toy is going to die. I gasped, sitting up abruptly at the memory. Pain shooted up my skull, as I doubled over. Letting out a yell, my eyes closed shut. Breathing heavily, I grasped my forehead, trying to subside the growing headache already making its way up to my head.

"Shit, Lily, are you alright?" Bradlee asked, before I was suddenly pulled into his chest. Hearing his abnormal heartbeat, I blushed deeply knowing that a simple touch was affecting him just as much as it did to me. "If I would've known you were going to sit up, I would've moved before your head collided with mine."

I laughed, glancing up at him. "It's not your fault I can't even sit up straight without hurting myself."

He chuckled, as his deep laughter caused his chest to vibrate against my shoulder. His eyes grew warm as he looked down at me, caressing my forehead. My breath hitched at the distance between us. I could smell his delicious after shave, and his unique cologne. "You'd a rough day today haven't you?" He lowered his voice into a soft whisper, leaning his forehead against mine. His eyes fluttered shut, giving me a nice view of his flawless face. I couldn't help but stare at the slight dusting of freckles over the bridge of his nose. God, was he cute—No Lily, stop thinking like that. You have to warn Bradlee about—

His eyes snapped open at that moment, causing my face to flame. The corners of his lips tugged up into a smirk, catching me in the act. He laughed quietly to himself, rubbing his thumb down the side of my face, before reaching my lips. My body froze when I saw those crystal blue orbs of his hazing over with lust.

I gasped silently when he looped his finger under the metal hoop that was my lip ring. My body shuddered violently at the close contact.

"You know," he whispered huskily, breaking out into a small smile. "I always wondered how these things would feel up against a tongue piercing," he finished saying, before running his tongue over his bottom lip.

Seeing a flash of blue, my eyes rounded when his sentence clicked. Pushing out of his hold, I stammered away, dashing to the other side of the room. My hand reached up, touching the heated skin that was for sure my burning cheeks. He didn't say that. He didn't suggest he wanted to try a french kiss with me. Bradlee wasn't that bold—was he?

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He sighed deeply, when I didn't respond. I mean, how could I? How could I face him? "I guess I went a bit too far with the teasing . . ."

Chewing on my bottom lip, I fidgeted with the sleeves of my shirt. "N-no that wasn't it," I managed to squeak out. I was just thoroughly embarrassed. Even though it wasn't anything near my first kiss, the thought of kissing Bradlee just made my knees buckle with nervousness and my heart hammer a thousand times per second. His presence alone made me tongue-tied.