Chapter 6

Dedicated to xBradlee because well Bradlee is Bradlee haha c:

***

“You, you. When you say “love you, love you”, you make me believe. You, you, when you silently, look into my eyes and laugh you make me laugh. The reasons why I like yo—”

        The rest of the lyrics were drowned out when I groggily pressed the snooze button on my phone, silencing it. Giving out a loud yawn, I rolled over, pressing my face against my pillow. I sighed comfortably, feeling the soft texture underneath my face. I was about to shut my eyes when I heard my mother’s voice.

        “Lily, it’s time to get up for school! You don’t want to miss another day of learning do you?” she asked. I couldn’t help but groaned loudly. She just had to say that. Since my cousins Skylar and Demitri came over yesterday, I missed my lessons with my home tutor. Apparently when I was getting my makeover, she came over, but they politely sent her home. When my mom first found out about it, she wasn’t exactly happy. To her, missing one day worth of classes was missing a whole week’s worth of school. I, for one don’t really care if I miss one day of school. I mean, it’s not like the end of the world or something.

        “Lily! Do you hear me?” she once again yelled, banging her knuckles against my door. I knew if I didn’t answer her soon, the pounding would only get louder and louder before she unlocks my door and force me out of bed.

        “I’m up!” I answered, the sleepiness still evident in my tone of voice.

        “Good.” I could literally picture my mom’s triumphed face right now. “Be ready and downstairs in half an hour.”

        It took a minute, but when her words finally hit me, my eyes widened in shock. Wait!? Half an hour? There’s no way I can get ready in time! Trying not to panic, I kicked the cotton sheets off my body, not caring if they landed on the ground or not. Sprinting towards my closet, I hurriedly grabbed my uniform hanging neatly on the rack, before I ran towards my bathroom.

        Stripping out of my clothes, I took the fastest shower in my life, and threw on my undergarments and uniform, leaving the tie loose on my neck. Running my brush over my newly styled hair, I noticed I didn’t have that many knots like I would normally have when my hair used to be curly. Whatever they did to it worked miracles and made my hair permanently straight. I made a note to thank them if I ever see them again.

        Once I had my hair the way I wanted it, I quickly ran my toothbrush filled with toothpaste over my teeth, before spitting the content out, and rinsing with a glass of water. I put on the dark eyeliner, and makeup the stylist taught me, before I put my fake piercings on my lip.  

        Giving myself an once over in my full length mirror, I make sure everything was perfect before I headed back to my bed, and grabbed my glasses, contacts and bag, and made my way downstairs. Skylar, Demitri, Megan and my mom was already waiting in the living room, talking amongst themselves quietly.

        When they heard my footsteps, they turned their heads my way.