Chapter 37

Character recap (for those who needs it): 

Hunter - Dark hair with brown eyes. Bradlee's twin. They are fraternal (not identical). Suspect #1

Ian - Blonde hair with blue eyes. Has a little sister named Ashleigh who goes to Monroe High. Her birthday is the same as the past victims. No parents, lives with his grandparents. Suspect #2

Bradlee - Brown hair (almost black - like his twin), with icy blue eyes. Suspect #3

Megan - Medium length blond hair, and blue eyes. Lily's best friend, and is related to the her by marriage. (Her older brother married Lily's older sister)

Dennis - Lily's ex boyfriend that cheated on her with his roommate. Has known Lily since he was young.

Demitri/Skylar - Lily's cousins, and they are the FBI agents.

Annemarie - In band with Megan, and is her friend. Was the first person Lily befriends at school. Her dad is a forensic scientist.

Asher - Dyed silver hair with green eyes. Gay. And is Annemarie and Megan's friend.

Ailee - Little sister of Hunter/Bradlee. Goes to Monroe High. Was friends with the past two victims. Same year as Ashleigh.

Lilee - Ailee's friend, and also goes to Monroe High. Likes Bradlee.

*****

"Can you pass me the syrup?"

Megan dropped her fork as she turned towards the sound of the voice. Her eyes narrowed into slits, as she glared at the intruder. "Get your own fucking syrup."

Dennis closed his eyes trying to mask his growing anger. He took a deep breath, before answering. "You know, you used to be so sweet."

"Well, that was before you decided to cheat on my best friend," Megan shot back. "You should've known the consequences."

"For the last time, I didn't cheat on her!" he shouted, slamming his hands on the table. Bradlee paused in mid-bite, eyeing Dennis for a split second before he ignored him, going back to his meal.

I sighed. Even though I wanted nothing but to throw Dennis out the door, I couldn't. His parents had contacted my parents yesterday, begging them to let Dennis stay over for winter break. Apparently they were going away on vacation for a few weeks, and they couldn't leave Dennis alone even though he was twenty-two-years old. They said he lacked 'life skills', so of course my parents agreed, since they knew how close I was with Dennis. Too bad they didn't know I hated him with a passion for cheating on me.

"You should really give up on that," I spoke, drawing his attention away from Megan. "We all know you cheated. Just admit it and we can move on with our lives."

"I-I—"

"—stop lying Dennis. I heard the phone calls. I know what happened, and honestly, I don't really care anymore."

"Lily, I'm sorry—"

I held my hand up, shutting him up. "—save it. I don't want to hear it." Wiping my face clean, I stood up, pushing my chair in. "Let's go, before we're late."

"I can't believe he's staying with us." Megan slumped against the back seat of Demitri's car, as she crossed her arms. "He's got some nerves showing up when he's not wanted."

Bradlee nodded, agreeing with Megan. She automatically blushed seeing Bradlee smiling at her, as I laughed. She still wasn't used to being this close to Bradlee. When she found out that he was staying over too, she nearly fainted. And when she found out we kissed, she practically damaged my eardrums, screaming out in joy. When she finally calmed down, she demanded me to spill all the 'juicy details'.