Chapter 30

"So tell me why I'm doing this again?" I asked facing Demitri and Skylar. They looked at me, as they assembled some weird gadgets together. I watched them as pulled wires after wires before they attached a weird looking pin thing on my bag.

"Because you made a commitment to Ian earlier this week, remember?" Demitri said, pausing in his movements as Skylar continued to work, whipping out his laptop.

"Yes, but why do I have to have all this crap with me?" I asked motioning to the high-tech camera in my bag, the microphone on my phone case, a listening device in my ear, and a bunch of other unmentionables attached throughout my body.

"So we can monitor and record everything you see," Demitri said matter of factly.

I rolled my eyes at them. "Of course I know that! I meant, is everything necessary? I mean wouldn't the microphone and listening device be enough? Do we really need all of this?" I asked gesturing to all the stupid little devices they put on me in the last half an hour.

"Yes." Demitri grounded his teeth together. "We need to be prepared for anything Lily. Especially since the killer is openly threatening you now."

"Please don't remind me." Ever since the killer sent me that last message, Demitri thought it would be best if he kept my phone. Luckily for me, they got me a new phone from the agency. Apparently Skylar programed some chip and installed it into the back of my phone so whenever someone sends me a text message, it would automatically forward the message to my new phone. The brilliant thing is, it will only forward messages with numbers, so I wouldn't have to deal with the killer sending me messages anymore. "I rather not think about that anymore."

"Trust me, we don't either." Demitri gave me a grimace look. "Now please take this, and keep it with you and out of sight at all times."

I glanced at the rectangular device disguised as a keychain. "What is it?"

"It's a taser."

"A taser?" My eyes rounded. "Seriously?"

Demitri shrugged at my shock tone. "Just in case Ian gets dangerous."

"Um, didn't you say Hunter was most likely the suspect after the whole hallway incident?"

"No." He shook his head jabbing his finger at Skylar. "That was Skylar." At the mention of his name he looked up slightly before going back to his laptop-which probably contains the key element to spying on me today.

"Right." I nodded briefly. "I'll definitely make sure to keep it safe." I dropped the device in my coat pocket, padding it with tips of my fingertips.

"Good." Demitri smiled. "Now, on you go." He motioned his hands at the door.

I rolled my eyes at his impatience before unbuckling my seatbelt. Sliding out of the front seat, I shut the door before Demitri yelled my name. Turning around, I leaned against the open-window. "Yeah?"

"Don't knock on his door until we're completely out of sight," he instructed as he leaned his body forward towards me.

"But his house is on the other side of the road down the freaking street!" My voice raised a bit. "I'm pretty sure you're already out of sight."

He pulled his lips into a thin line, fighting back the irritation itching to surface. "Just wait five minutes when you get to his house, Lily."

"Fine," I grumbled under my breath. "Bossy much," I bit under my tongue.

"I heard that." He rolled his eyes at my childish behavior.

"You were suppose to!" I lashed back, whipping around before he could say anything more. I smiled in triumph when he didn't say anything back, before I headed down the street to Ian's house.