Chapter 9

The rest of Lunch went by in a blur. All I could think about was Bradlee. I knew for sure he was looking at us, but why? I couldn’t have upset him in any way, right? I mean, I know I was a bit pushy this morning, but that’s not something to be upset about, right? Or maybe, it was because I took his pen? Ugh, why the hell am I even thinking about this so much? So what if Bradlee was there? I’m probably just jumping to conclusions. He could’ve just been walking by, and happened to see me. 

        Yeah. That’s probably it. 

        After coming up with that conclusion, I went through the rest of my classes in a breeze. By the time I made it to my last class of the day, the excitement that I was the ‘new girl’ finally decided to die down. Most of the people in my grade already knew ‘me’ from the gossip they’d heard throughout the day. With that, they were satisfied enough to stop asking me a boatload of questions everywhere I went. 

        After getting changed into my gym uniform, my new PE teacher gave me, I made my way back into the sweaty gymnasium. My steps halted when I saw the one person I’d dreaded sharing a class with—Hunter. Before I had time to even run back into the locker room, he waved at me, calling me over. 

        I, of course ignored him, and slightly prayed that Ian would hurry up and save me. I’d found out earlier today that we shared last period together, and I was grateful I’d someone I could talk to. Having gym alone, would’ve sucked. Especially if we had to partner up in some of the sports or games we’ll be doing. I wouldn’t want to be that one person who’s left alone because they didn’t have anyone they could partner up with. Megan was lucky and had Annemarie, and Asher with her during her gym period which they had right after lunch. 

        Now that I knew Hunter was also in my class, I seriously wanted a schedule change. But, most likely that wouldn’t happen. My cousins, Skylar and Demitri will probably refuse saying it’s the perfect opportunity to make friends with them or something like that. I bet they’re eating this up as we speak. I knew they were watching this scene with that stupid camera they gave me this morning.

        “Kitty!” Hunter called, using that dreadful nickname once again. I think anyone who was in a ten mile radius from me could tell I was eyeing him murderously. Well, anyone but him. 

        I purposely ignored him for the second time, flipping my high ponytail at him. Stomping my way up the bleachers, I sat as far away from him as possible. 

        “Oh come on,” he started whining, his bottom lip sticking out. “Don’t give me the silent treatment. Anything but that.”

        I raised a brow at his comment and that ridiculous face, before shrugging. 

        “That’s all I’m gonna get? A shrug?” He puffed his cheeks out, his face becoming more baby-faced. “Did I do something to upset you, Kitty?”

        Well no shit, I thought. 

        “If it’s about lunch, or this morning,” he started saying, scratching the back of his neck. He bit his lips, nervously. “I’m sorry,” he finally whispered, exhaling loudly.