Siren Hall Battle

I could still hear the earbud, in my front pocket, when the voice said: "Eight full vans each side of Building. Full body armor on troops. Front and Rear, plus the ridge troops. Jamming now."

"Vera! Full body armor. Shoot the weak spots. Joints. Neck." I called.

"Got it!" Came her very enthusiastic reply. "Get me a damn gun!"

"As soon as I can, my delicate little Siren." I promised.

"Delicate my lovely and very fuckable ass." Vera replied, without heat.

Inbound guns turned out to not be a right away thing because the Front Team engaged and we heard the parking lot battle start. Sixty-four or so Para's against eight Vampires. They had no chance in a long-running battle. They are going to be headed to the building for cover, not to break in. I heard gunfire start-up in surround sound. All along the ridges and out in the back. Kuzman swiveled around listening, and then looked at me questioningly.

I answered the unasked question. "My best guess is that Parvan brought one hundred fifty to one hundred eighty-four or so paramilitary down on your house. We have a team guarding the Hall. They are engaged in front, rear, and on both sides of the Hall. You can hear from the shots we are surrounded."

"We will be talking later, Parvan. If we survive your stupidity and betrayal." Kuzman said, then growled something else in Bulgarian.

Parvan, for his part, listened with no little fear to the raging battle outside. He may not be as afraid of Kuzman as he should be, but I suppose the very obvious, immediate threat, complete with military weaponry soon to be pointed at him, is overriding the longer-term threat. That is short-sighted: Kuzman killed two people over this already.

That does not even take into account me.

The side window nearest me erupted inward, as a shock trooper came through it. He landed in the Hall at nearly point-blank range for me, and not expecting a person on the side. I imagine they observed the circled up table arrangement and presumed we are all hunkered down in there. Easier than shooting him, I reached over, broke his neck as he crouched to survey the room, and then I tossed his gun to Vera. "Here you go. One AK-47, as ordered, miss. Special delivery. I did not even shoot the messenger."

I just can't help being me, even under siege.

"Thank you!" Vera checked the AK over quickly. I heard her say to herself "Oh. Yeah. OK. Safety is HERE. This must be the clip release..."

When we shot the Diary at the gun range, that had been an M-16. Different gun. She was smart. Taking the time to get familiar with this new weapon. I heard some metallic clicks as she toggled things. I assume the three-shot setting for one. That's what I would do. Save ammo. Once ready, Vera set up on the side windows nearest her position.

I checked the body, found two spare clips, "Angel! Gun moll time!" and I arced the clips slowly one at a time her way. She snagged them from the air with Angelic grace.

Morgan fired across the entire damn hall at a window, breaking it out, and hitting someone. Morgan, like all the Inside Team, has a smithed-up 10mm's courtesy of the EuroCrew, but even a great pistol at that range is garbage. Our rounds are heavy and semi-jacketed. Point blank on Body Armor, they should be OK for at least a knockdown. Across the room? Not so much. The soldier Morgan hit in the body armor came in through the broken glass in response to being shot at. They were met by Denise, standing at one side of the opening, who snagged them mid-flight out of the air, crushed their head inside their helmet and then tossed gun and clips into the circle to the waiting Kuzman.

Then it got hairy. All the windows came in, about at once, as did the front doors, troops backing in and firing out at Vampires in the parking lot. They thought the building was safer than the Hell raining down out there. Makes sense. Out there they face high power custom fifty's with armor-piercing rounds. More Vampire gunsmithing.