Morning Light

We eventually made it across the room to the massive canopied bed. It is way on the other side of the bedroom from the bathroom, and we stopped to have sex on a chair, the dresser, the floor, and a padded chest, presumably full of blankets or something.

Fiona brought in more food and wine along the way, usually finding us in some weird place or another and saying something editorial like:

"Well, that looks uncomfortable."

"Never tried that place before."

"How can you breathe in that position?"

One time she just tilted her head at an odd angle and said "Huh..."

"This is the problem with human men: They can't do that... What's a VILF to do?"

"You keep surrendering!" I am not sure who that one was directed at.

"Oh my GOD it smells nice in here! VILF wants!" Opps. Should have warned her. Now she is going to ovulate too.

Fiona is totally owning VILF (even if she is the one doing the wanting in that) and making it hers. She comes in. Comments in some humorous way about our sex. Drops sustenance. Saunters out. It is not so much like having an audience as having a comment board on the Internet, where there is this one super sarcastic contributor. One that dive bombs you with Irish flavored French, but makes up for it with amazing timing and knowing exactly what we need next.

I never got to the place I am full or that I am drunk, despite massive amounts of wine and food. The energy used up as fast as I took it in.

At some point in the early morning hours, we slept for several consecutive hours.

Light streamed in through a window with open curtains. I looked at Helen's sleeping face, and there seemed to be a slight smile. A sort of cat that ate the canary look.

I dozed a moment and woke to see her looking at me, head resting on her arm.

"Good morning." She said sleepily

"Good morning. Sleep well?" I asked, running light fingers down her side.

"I slept better than I have for over a month and better than since I left Austin to come here."

"Since the last time you got laid by Jessica and I together then." I noted

"Sounds right." She smiled happily. Seeing Helen happy like this is a rare treat.

Helen looked at me slightly more awake. "Speaking of that, are you ready yet?" She asked seriously.

"I am. FYI: Pheromones worked. Your scent is changing. You are getting an ovum ready.

"Excellent. We should practice some more. I read an article the other day about women who try to time sex to only have it at peak fertility, and then they do not understand why it is taking so many tries to get pregnant. The article said the best way to get pregnant is to have sex as often as you can."

"I like whoever it is that wrote that article." I said.

"I guess I should have looked to see if it was you..." Helen smiled.

"Does Fiona know how this all works? She was exposed last night. She is going to have a period." I asked.

"I trust her so yes: She does. None of the Council or Crew here do. We need to take care of this HPA thing so we can go to Martinique. I have a place set up for us there, and Jessica built a delivery room into it. We are ready. We need to get clear of this situation. Ok."