Pool Distance

After dinner, we retired to the pool. Without being obvious, I kept an eye on Vera and Angel, but nothing overt went on after the grape thing. They are together, and they laugh and talk and splash like everyone, but sitting side by side on the edge of the pool, it is at 'friends' distance.

Morgan noticed me looking that way and said as she came in for a wet hug and in a voice only I could hear "I wonder about that too."

If this were a Vampire Conclave, there would be some pairing up along the edges of the water and in lounge chairs, but it seems the Crew is keeping it more professional than that. Even the various civilian volunteers seemed to read the mood as 'calm before the storm'. Therefore, any pairing is being done strictly by the married group in the center of that storm.

Helen swam up to us, and asked in the same low voice Morgan had used "So: Am I past the fertility window, oh ye smellers of scents?"

Morgan and I each got in close and inhaled of her. We silently compared notes.

"I think so. A little hard to tell in a pool full of people and you soaking wet and smelling like pool water." I said.

"I think so too." Morgan agreed.

"We'll take the chance. I am done waiting. Let's go to bed." Helen suggested, tossing me to the edge of the pool to speed me along.

I think Helen just meant me, but Morgan and Jessica invited themselves along. Helen said nothing, other than ask Fiona "Would you put dumpling to bed?"

Angel interceded "I'll do it. Go."

Fiona was not happy at being intercepted like that but said nothing.