Plan

I would have preferred to bow out of the planning on this operation. I have an estate to learn about. A daughter to play with. Snappy repartee to aim at Fiona. Morgan to welcome. Unfortunately as the injured party AND being Liaison, I have to be on point at the Siren Hall.

Even if I could figure out some way to let someone else do this, I could never let others get in my line of fire. My problem means I have to do it.

After breakfast, we met in the pool, except it is no longer the pool. Fiona, at some point during the night, arranged to have it covered with flooring. Now the pool pavilion is a huge meeting room, full of table and chairs.

Diana is not going to be happy when she sees this.

I was fascinated. This is a huge pool. It changes depths. How the entire hell does this work? Each cross-plank that made up the floor has to have legs to the bottom of the pool to support the span. They must weight a ton each too.

I saw each plank has a number on it, so this stuff is customized as to where it goes. Walking around and looking at it, there was almost no flex to the flooring. Amazing.

I found rings that flipped down and recess into the plank along the lengths. How it is picked up. I looked up and solved the mystery. Cables. This stuff is pulled up into the roof when not in use.

Amazing engineering.

Fiona watched me walk around from the side of the room where she is working on a table full of snack foods with a shit-eating grin. She enjoyed my fascination with her miracle. When I snapped to how it worked I saw the grin get wider.

At one end of the room is a large display, also set up during the night, and it has the words 'Phase One' displayed on it right now.

Vampires filtered in and took seats. Like a Conclave, there are women of every size, shape, and color of skin and hair in here. All the Geos are represented, even if Pacifica is only barely here. Four women, sitting at one table, that I would guess are Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and perhaps Thai.

Up by the screen sat a large group of women in rows. I know enough of them to conclude that these are members of various Councils. The entirety of NorthAm is up there, and the ones I know from the EuroCouncil as well.

Jacquline sat in the center, with a table and a computer. She is chatting with Victoria. Victoria came originally from Scandinavia, so it makes sense to me that these centuries-old women know each other not only as fellow Council members of their respective Geos but from Conclaves down the centuries in various Geos.

Morgan and I are such newcomers to this world. This is Helen's domain.

Fiona has the staff efficiently flitting about placing coffee pots and fixups. When they 'landed' on our table, our pot is a different color. Light roast. I looked around and saw a few more like our pot parked on a table at the side of the room. I imagine Fiona would be having each table asked their preferences. Sure enough, one of the light-colored pots was delivered to a table while I watched.

"Ok, ladies, and one gentleman; let us begin." Jacqueline announced. She used no amplification. All Vampires in here, except at my table, and we sat near enough the front that Vera and Angel can hear.

"Before I launch into the plan thus far, I would like to thank our host, that aforementioned gentleman. Adrian Claremont? Stand please?"

Fuck. I stood. I looked around for Helen to give her laser eyes. This is surely her stupid idea.

"Lord Claremont owns this estate and is who is feeding us this fine food, the amazing wine, and giving us a place to sleep and swim. Thank you, Adrian. No.. Stay standing..."