She Came in Through... Well... It was the Door.

Despite our invitation to food, we instead showered, again. Made love again. Showered one more time, and finally, about ten AM we made it to the big kitchen for breakfast.

Fiona came in from the back garden and smelled of fresh air and flowers she had apparently been near.

I sat at the breakfast table and looked over the huge kitchen, watching the cook make me a massive omelet."

"Good morning once again, love bugs. I thought you would have to refuel sooner than this." Fiona greeted.

"Morning Fiona." I replied with a smile

Helen stopped sipping her coffee to greet her as well "Good morning, Fiona. You kept us nicely fed all night. Thank you, dear. You were up almost as late we were, what with all your special delivery care packages. That is quite above and beyond the job description, you know. Between all that, running around and doing things like checking in on the Winery this morning?"

"Yes, well, I kept waiting for the war to be over, but my goodness. Lots of battles were fought. I had to resupply the troops." Fiona said, then added, "It is worth it to hear how happy you are to have him home."

"Thank you for all the wine and food." I told Fiona. "I would not have been able to carry on without resupply. I had no idea how hungry I was. I rationed myself pretty hard on the trip across the country. I did not like stealing food, so I made it last as much as I could. You are a lifesaver."

"Oh, please, Adrian. All I did is fill up food trays. You walked across the Eurozone hiding from goons and then you faced friendly fire when you got home. It is the very least I could do." Fiona waved at the kitchen "What do you think about this little place?"

"I think I saw pictures of this in a magazine. Or maybe it was on the food channel about Buckingham Palace getting ready for a state-sponsored feast? It's huge. It has everything known to humankind to cook with. In duplicate. I thought the main dining room was big when I saw it yesterday but I think this kitchen could service two or three of those easily."

Fiona looked at Helen with a grin "It's overkill to be sure. I assume the first Claremont must have had huge parties here."

Helen nodded "Oh yes. He was all about politics and currying favor. I learned the art from the best. He was very good at seducing men and women for favors. If it could be achieved by talking or fucking in any combination, he did it. He had sex with others so I did too. Only fair, and sometimes at his behest to help him with a situation. We had the entire French government here, and out in the back, and on Winery tours quite frequently. This kitchen bustled back in the day. So did the bedrooms. We had a reputation. Everyone liked coming here to have meetings. As the saying went, when you go to Claremont for a meeting or a party, the rings come off and so do the clothes. How the pool ended up with that sign."

Helen lifted a warning finger at me. "That history or my behavior back then does not mean you can have wanton sex with Fiona now."

"You are no fun!" Fiona injected.

Helen ignored that. "Also: Unless you want a cast iron pan upside your head or more likely up your tight ass, don't try and cook in here. This is the domain of Agatha. Do not mistake the meaning of that name to translate as she is good or kind. This is her kitchen and you can only cook in here when she says you can. Our cook this morning is Agatha approved and blessed. This may be your house and your estate, but this is not your kitchen. Like the house attached to the clinic in Mexico? That kitchen is Consuela's. This one is Agatha's. Same thing: Got it?."

I nodded agreement. "Understood. I like the kitchen up by our bedroom just fine. More my size. In fact, someone knows me, because I saw it stocked with everything I need to make some killer Guacamole."