EuroCouncil

As I walked down the hall I realized that every conversation I have been involved with today is in French, other than the American (or British) idioms. I used French when I talked to the woman in the gas station and some random 'bonjour's' to people along the road. People I had not been able to hide from while walking through Lyon. I wonder what language the EuroCouncil will want to speak? As long as it is French, Spanish, or English, I am ready.

Bulgarian? Not so much.

Helen entered the room first, then me, then Fiona brought up the rear.

"Ladies, I would like to present to you my husband and your host at Claremont Estates, Adrian Claremont." Helen had her arm tucked behind me so I did the same and rested my hand on the curve of her lovely backside. She felt so good. She did not overtly react other than to snuggle in. Helen added "Home at long last."

Helen is speaking French so I turned that new part of my mind that observes which language to use back off and stayed in the language of the house. "Hello everyone. Nice to meet all of you. I know that our Fiona has been taking good care of you while you have here with us."

There were five women looking at me with what can only be described as confused looks or even blank stares. Laptops and papers are strewn about the massive dining table.

Finally, an elegant woman on the left side of the table asked, puzzled: "You are Adrian Sagan?"

"Not here in France. That is my US name. Not even the one I use in Mexico. Here and across the Eurozone, I am Adrian Claremont. This is my house." I explained and felt Helen approve without looking at her, or her at me.

Helen told me to own this. I follow orders. Sometimes

"We have been looking for you for weeks!" she exclaimed. "Where have you been?"

I looked to the right and on the wall hung a map of Europe, with various pins in it. I reluctantly released Helen and walked over to it. I pointed at Northern Turkey. "My plane landed here, in Istanbul, and that is where the HPA made their grab for me. I have no idea how they knew I was there. Which gate to grab me at. I suspect Siren collusion in Belgrade. I will get to that."

I paused "I'll highlight the route this time through if you do not mind. We have limited time. As you can all smell of me, I walked across Europe and I stink. Also, my lovely and loving wife has insisted in no uncertain terms that I get cleaned up and rested after the ordeal, and I agree with her strictures. As if I have a choice, or even want one in this case."

"Wait a minute. You are going to walk into this room and then not stay to tell us what we need to know?" asked a woman near me. My read of her attitude and body language said she is Crew.

I looked at Helen, who gave me a sign readable only to me to carry on. I turned to the table. "OK. Before we get into everything, let's start with introductions. You know several of my names, including who exactly I am here, in my home. I am of course Adrian. I am the sole Liaison to the Sirens. I am the husband of Helen and Jessica. We have an adopted daughter, Diana." I indicated the woman that had challenged me. "I have you identified as a member of the EuroCrew?"

"Liann. European Cleanup Crew, as you surmised." She said, slightly defiant.

The woman next to her said: "I am Renee. Also Crew."

I nodded. The woman that spoke up first said "I am the head of the European Council. My name is Jacqueline. This is Sophie, also Council, and to my other side is Gavina, Council as well. So, as you can see you have a full one-quarter of the Euro-Council here."

"Ladies, it is an honor to meet you all." I pointed at Sophie. "You look familiar to me. Were you at my Conclave session about Sirens? First row, just to my right?"