Running on Rage

"The hell are you on about?" I demanded.

It had been nearly a week since the trial and as far as I was concerned things were back to normal. So I wasn't expecting to walk in on the rest of the monster kids speaking in hushed whispers that stopped when they saw me.

"Are you guys seriously trying to hide shit? From me?" I looked around at my cousins and siblings. "What the fuck?"

It was Frisk who gulped and spoke up. "Chara we heard Undyne talking. The humans are about to attack soon. And they're hiding it from us.

My eyes went wide. "Everyone is coming with me. Now"

**************************

We practically slammed into Mom and Sans.

"Who the fuck are you?!" I demanded.

Mom was shocked to say the least. "Chara, What are you talking about?"

"I wanna know where my mother is. Because my real mother wouldn't hide something like an attack from her children! So who are you and what have you done with the woman who just adopted me?" I rambled on.

Both of them froze. I spotted the side eye they gave each other.

"Well you see kid-"

"No!" I cut him off. "No you don't get to work your way out of this! We're under attack, Sans! So cut the shit and talk to me like an adult, because you know damn well I can handle it"

Mom sighed. "We have a lot of explaining to do. I think it's best if we call a meeting."

**************************

Soon enough, Frisk and Azzy stood on either side of me as we stood at the front of the crowd.

When Mom stood, all fell silent.

"Monsters. It is come to my attention that rumors have spread throughout the community about evidence of a human attack." Murmurs of agreement sounded from around the room. "I'm afraid the rumors are true" the murmurs immediately swelled to shocked cries of protest. "Monsters! Order please!" Mom shouted with her hand raised to stop them. The chatter ceased soon enough and she spoke in an even tone. "Thank you. As I was saying the rumors are true. Undyne intercepted a message that was going around the children's old school and some other community buildings. Someone saw us coming back from the trial of Chara's aunt and they located the bunker. They're planning a sneak attack, set to launch on Saturday."

I looked to Sans in shock and panic. It was Wednesday. He couldn't keep eye contact with me and that infuriated me even more.

"Are we even equipped for that?!"

"We need more time than that to prepare for a battle!"

"We can't win a fight like that"

Similar protests went up all over the room, much to my dismay.

Toriel sighed. "I'm sorry, all. But Undyne has informed me that we aren't ready. I can't believe I'm about to say this but..." she inhaled deeply. "Perhaps we'd be better off surrendering"

I watched in outrage as no one spoke out against her. They weren't seriously...

"No!" I snapped before I could stop myself.