It's Our Fight Too

Sunday night. Everything was peaceful. The three of us had been training hard all weekend. I had almost full control of my telekinesis, and even though I was exhausted, I knew it would be worth it in the end.

Everything was going fine until Mom's phone rang.

She answered, but was silent as the person on the other line told her the situation. She bit her lip, causing Sans to scoot closer to her. I was cross legged on the floor, working on a puzzle with Frisk and Azzy. I looked up.

Mom hung up the phone without a word, sighed dejectedly, and looked down at us.

"I'm afraid this conflict between the races is growing. That was the school. The decision has been made that lunches will be segregated. The monster children will eat lunch separately than the human children. I'm afraid there is nothing we can do to change their minds. Starting tomorrow, a security guard will be going around to classrooms and collecting the monster kids to make them eat separately. I'm so sorry you children are having to deal with this".

"What?!"

"That's not fair!"

"They can't do that shit!"

"They can and they have. I'm sorry kids. It's out of my hands now. I'm going to clean up the kitchen. You three need to think about bed"

I was fuming. They couldn't do this to us. They wouldn't do this to us! Frisk and I weren't gonna be separated from Azzy! We're a team!

I thought carefully about what mom had said. I glanced at Frisk, and I could tell she was thinking about it too. Before I could get any ideas, Sans piped up, already shaking his head.

"Oh no. I practically see the gears turnin' in your heads. You're staging some kind of rebellion. I know this isn't fair, but you're just going to have to go with it. Please, don't cause a scene" He looked directly at me when he said that.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. Whatever"

He left to go after Mom. I turned to the others.

"So we're causing a scene tomorrow"

**************************

The next day, the teacher explained the lunch situation. Before, we ate at noon. Now the monster kids would eat at 11:00.

Sure enough, at 11, one of the security guards came around to our room. We saw MK and Fuku, Grillby's daughter, behind him, as well as some others. Asriel stood up and walked over to him, probably dead set on eating alone since he didn't know our plan. Frisk and I stood and followed him.

The security guard gave us dirty looks. "This is for the monster children. You two need to sit down."

I dragged Frisk past him. "We are monster children".

"Don't argue with me. You're human"

"Really? Because that's our brother." I pointed to Asriel. "And Mrs Dreemurr, ya know, the most loved kindergarten teacher here, is our mom. And she's a monster. We are the children of monsters. And therefore, monster children."

The guard looked like he didn't know what to say.

Frisk joined in. "We're eating lunch with our brother one way or another. It's just the question of are we eating with his lunch or is he eating with ours?"

I snickered internally. Frisk was normally never one to challenge authority.

"I will have to bring this to the principal you two"