Chapter 37

Clarke's POV:
It's been a whole week since my mother called me and asked if she and my father could come and visit me and Mallory. I still don't think that it's a good idea. But Bellamy does. And they are after all Mallory's grandparents so I shouldn't keep them away from her.
At the same time, since I don't know what their actual intentions are, Mallory is spending time with Octavia and Lincoln today. If there isn't any bad interntions then there shouldn't be anything for me to worry about. 

Bellamy was cooking dinner as I were getting myself ready and cleaning the house. I'm nervous about seeing my parents again, even if I shouldn't be. I know them better than anyone. 
-Take a deep breath princess, everything is going to be fine. You have nothing to worry about. Bellamy says as I enter the kitchen.
-Nothing to worry about? You haven't met my parents. I say. It might seem a little harsh but I didn't mean it like that.
-You're right. I haven't meet your parents. I do think that everything will be okay. If it gets to much for you, then I can just kick them out of our apartment. Bellamy says and I laugh. 
-I haven't met my mother since before last summer and my father at the hospital a few months ago. Everything is fine. I just need to stay calm and take a few deep breaths. I tell myself as Bellamy continues cooking and there's a knock on the front door. 

They are here. Bellamy stays in the kitchen since the kitchen stove is on and he's in full motion of cooking. Deep breath Clarke, deep breaths. So I open the front door. In front of me is my mother and father obviously standing. 
-I'm so happy to see you sweetie. It's been so long. My mother says as she hugs me. This is not like her. As I remember her, she barely ever hugged me. Pretty much only on christmas, thanksgiving and my birthdays. Those time she remembered my birthday. 
-Hi mum, hi dad. I say and my father gives me a hug. I step aside so that they can enter our apartment. I can already tell that they aren't very impressed of the apartment. It might not be the fanciest apartment since we don't earn much money. 
-When do we get to see our beautiful granddaughter and your boyfriend. My mother says. I tell them to follow me into the kitchen to there Bellamy. 
-Bell, this is my parents. Mum and dad, this is Bellamy, my boyfriend. I say. 
-It's nice to meet you Mr and Mrs Griffin. Bellamy says and shakes hand with my father. My mother has always judged people before she even gets to know them. 
I take my parents for a tour around the apartment before we walk back into the kitchen there everything is set and Bellamy just finished cooking dinner. 
-I hope you will like it. Bellamy says and sits down next to me. 
-So there's Mallory? My mother asks. 
-She's with my sister. Bellamy says polite. 
-How long have you two been together? My father asks Bellamy. 
-A few months now. It's been the best couple of months if I may say. Bellamy says and I smile at him. Also my cheeks goes a little red from me blushing. 
-I'm happy to hear that. How's our granddaughter doing? I thought we were going to meet her. My mother asks. 
-She's doing fine. I say as I ignore the last part. For a few minutes we all sit in silence, eating our dinner. Which by the way tasted really good. The silence in the room was starting to get me annoyed.
-I can't take it anymore. Clarke, you barely talk to us these days and Mallory shouldn't be here with you as you're studying. How can you support and give her a good life, a future? My mother says. I knew they were here for sometime.
-And why are you even living with this guy? What if he wakes up one day and bails on you and Mallory, huh? What are you going to do then? My mother says harsh. 
-Abby, calm down. My father says. Thank you dad even though I know that won't help at all. 
-Don't tell me to calm down Jake. Clarke obviously doesn't know what she's gotten herself into. How foolish can she be, thinking that she can handle college and Mallory on her own? My mother says. I'm starting to get both annoyed and sad. Mostly sad and hurt. I look down on my plate, I've almost finished all my food. Bellamy takes my hand in his and squeezes it to comfort me. 
-You shouldn't be talking that way to your daughter. Clarke deserves more respect than that. Yeah, we might be young and in college, but I would never leave Clarke or my daughter. If you're going to continue talking to her that way, then you two have to leave our apartment. Right now before I kick your asses out of here. Bellamy says. 
-Your daughter? Mallory isn't your daughter. My father says. Wasn't my father happy for Bellamy and I just a few minutes ago? I guess my mother really is rubbing herself of on him. 
-Yes, my daughter. Not only did Clarke ask me, but Mallory did too, wanted me to adopt her. We signed the adoption papers a few weeks ago. It's official. For you to think that I would leave Clarke and Mallory is pretty hurtful. Bellamy says. 
-This is exactly why Mallory isn't here right now. I knew you would make a scene and want to take her away from me. I've already had this conversation with you dad, months ago at the hospital. You mum, didn't show up then, when Mallory was in the ICU. Neither of you called to check up on her when I brought her back to New York. The truth might hurt, but I'm happy that you aren't a daily part of our lives. I say harsh. 
-I think it's time for you to leave. Bellamy says. 
-You promised we would get to meet Mallory when we arrived here. My mother says. 
-Which isn't going to happen. My sister were supposed to come over with Mallory soon for you guys to meet her again. It might be selfish of Clarke and I, but you aren't going to meet her. Bellamy says. I grab my phone from the kitchen counter. 

Don't come over with Mallory. 

Why? Lincoln and I are already on our way. Octavia answers my text fast. 

Turn around and go to the park or something!

I turn of my phone and place it pack on the kitchen counter. I don't think that I would have been able to go through with this dinner if Bellamy wasn't here. 
-You know, Bellamy told me earlier today that I had nothing to worry about then you two would come over for dinner. He's right, I don't have anything to worry about. Why you ask? You will always be my parents, but for now, you won't be a part of my life, or Mallory's for that matter. Please just leave. I say. MY parents gets up from there they are sitting and walks out of the kitchen. Without saying barely a goodbye the leave. Something inside of me right now feels broken. Did I just throw my parents out of my life? Not for good, just temporary. Everything will be fine with time. Maybe we can fix our relationships later. Not today, not tommorow, but some other time.
-I'm so sorry that it didn't go as planned princess. Bellamy says and hugs me. 
-It's fine. I didn't expect it to smoothly anyway. I say and Bellamy kisses me.

Octavia's POV:
When Clarke sent her text messages to me, Lincoln had already parked his car outside their apartment. I didn't want to worry her since I guess that the dinner probably was a disaster. So as Lincoln put the Mallory's stroller back in the car we saw to people, who I recognize from a photo I once saw, I froze. 
-Munchkin, get in the car. I tell Mallory. My best chance is that Bellamy kicked Clarke's parents out of the apartment and they aren't allowed to meet Mallory right now. 
-Okay. Mallory says. 
-Do you want to go to the park? Maybe we could get some ice cream even? I'm paying. I say and Mallory started to smile. 
-I don't got money. Mallory says. Lincoln and I both start laughing. 
-What flavor do you want on your ice cream? Lincoln asks as he starts the car. 
-Strawberry! Mallory says and I close the car door and hop into the passanger set. 
-One strawberry ice cream for you. I'll have to think about which flavor I'm going to get. I say. Lucky us, Mr and Mrs Griffin didn't see Mallory. It's up to Clarke then they get to meet each other. It's not a decision that I'm allowed to make. 

About ten minutes later we park the car near a playground. I'm holding Mallory's hand as Lincoln taking the stroller out of the car. We're taking the stroller with us if Mallory is getting tired of walking. We go for a walk, buying ice cream for Mallory, Lincoln and I. Then we walked to the playground. 
Lincoln were pushing Mallory on the swings telling him to push her higher. She's so cute. Mallory wanted to be able to "reach the stars". Which she wasn't able to see since it's day outside and we have to wait until it gets dark outside. I explained it to her. Now she wants to go back here later tonight to see the stars. 
-I want more ice cream. Mallory says. 
-No munchkin, you already had ice cream today. I say and I can see that she's starting to get upset. Lincoln gives me a look.
-Auntie O bought you one before. This time it's my turn to pay for ice cream. Lincoln says and she becomes happy again. I give Lincoln a smile. I can see myself having two children in the future with Lincoln. Maybe a boy and girl. We could name them Bethany and Calum. Well, we got time to think and talk about that later. My brother would totally freak out if I, his little sister, got herself pregnant now.  
-Are you coming? Mallory asks and I smile at her. 
-Yeah, I am. I say. The rest of the day was pretty fun. Except for Clarke when I told Clarke how much ice cream Mallory actually ate today. She hasn't had the easiest day so she's allowed to be a little upset. 
-Thanks O for taking care of her today. Thank you too Lincoln. Bellamy says. 
-No worries. We had a great day. Didn't we? I say and turn to Lincoln. 
-Yeah, we had really fun today. Lincoln says.
-And Mal wants to go back to the playground tonight to reach the stars. I say before we leave their apartment and an very confused Bellamy.